3,000 mile trip

Jeb

Nice trip!

You guys make sure to let us know if you want to do a two ( or more) ship anywhere. We are pretty spontaneous.

belloypilot

Awesome trip. My favorite thing about the Husky is its balance of back country and ‘go-somewhere’ capabilities. Always nice to see someone taking advantage of both - even though it makes me jealous :).

Clifford

Awesome! Would you mind sharing what airports/places you camped at?
Hi Joachim! You bet! We were planning on camping in Death Valley and Chicken Strip in the Saline Valley. We had heard that the entire Death Valley region had had major rain and washouts just weeks before our trip. When we landed at Furnace Creek one look at the campground and we shook our heads "no". We ended up staying at the Oasis there at Furnace Creek and it turned out to be one of the highlights of our trip. It is a very nice resort and worth staying at. We took a morning trip up to Chicken Strip and what we had heard was correct: the LZ was washed out. Probably the nicest view camping was UT25 in Monument Valley, UT but the culture was a bit weird; it's on Indian Reservation and we had all the paperwork submitted beforehand and had received permission to land but the place felt odd. But a couple of our best pics were taken there. Probably the nicest camping we had was West Desert, UT9. It turned out to be a small airstrip west of Spanish Fork SPK. They let us camp on a grass area and let us use their club house. Another nice and easy camp place was Mountain Home U76; they have a nice grass area to camp on and a courtesy car so you can run into town. The only precaution here is to make sure to have them turn off the sprinkler system or tell you how to. We're not hard core campers so we like easy and these last 2 are nice and easy.

Clifford

Nice trip! Longest trip in the Husky for me was a honeymoon trip about 6 years ago - flew round trip from central NC to Anchorage (8000 m) and back. Before that, we had flown from NC to WA and back (6000 m). A couple of months ago we drove from NC to NV and back - the southern route out and the northern route back (6120 m round trip). I like flying better, but we had multiple places to go and on a schedule... The Husky is an excellent cross-country airplane if one is not in a hurry (and why be in a hurry when we live in such a beautiful country, especially when seen at low altitude)? Way better views from the red bird at low altitude than driving too!

Chris McClure

Snowbirdxx

Chris, do you remember me Passing by with a jetprop and a bunch of Huskydtivers we're there and WE Had Lunch together?