AoA

EAD

I’m considering installing an aftermarket AOA in my 180hp A1c. Any thoughts on brand/installation/ and is it worthwhile?

thanks
Eric

belloypilot

I have a CYA-100 and quite like it. It was a helpful aid in learning slow flight and the impact of different loading and weight configurations.

Reactions: EAD

GreggMotonaga

I have the Alpha systems. I like it to help me on short final. I have it calibrated differently than recommended in the specs because I don’t want my target AOA to be 1.3 VSO.

dogday

I installed a CYA-100 shortly after they came out and wished I had looked harder for a AoA that had a variable pitch or volume to indicate the relevant AoA. The CYA has a visual indication, something like 6 or 7 bars, to indicate where you are in the programmable range. However there is only one point where the alarm sounds. If I were to purchase a new AoA indicator, I would look for something that would vary the sound depending where you were in the programmable range. With a variable audio you could fly the pitch or volume on final keeping your eyes outside the cockpit.

belloypilot

I like the idea of the variable pitch audio, but I find this location gives me useful visual cues that aren’t distracting.

IMG_2729.jpeg

harry harper

Spoke directly with the CYA inventor. He no longer makes them. Anyone have one that was never installed that you would care to part with.?