Backcountry/bush Husky flight instructor

flyingjack

Hello Husky enthusiasts: been flying TWs since 1981: had a SC for several years in 90s but only got really into off airport fun with big tired Champ and flying along side a Husky soon decided that is the airplane for me. Bought 07 A1-B and four years later and lots of practice, Idaho Frank Church; FlyOz, mountain strips as well as pasture landing fun I started to think I'm KIND OF figuring this out. BUT, watching training videos and comments regarding "Bush Air" training with C170; I'm thinking my wife and I would definitely benefit from serious Husky/backcountry specific instruction.

Suggestions for this type of specific Husky instruction; prefer a solid instructor and not a school. Could also PM me if you'd like.

Thanks to all.
Jack

Paul Collins

Consider James Hoff out of Idaho Falls. His dad, Bob Hoff, used to sell Huskys. He's not an official instructor but if you all could fly around with him you would learn more than I ever knew. His phone number is 208-521-9093. I got his permission to send this to you.
Paul C
N337DP

flyingjack

Consider James Hoff out of Idaho Falls. His dad, Bob Hoff, used to sell Huskys. He's not an official instructor but if you all could fly around with him you would learn more than I ever knew. His phone number is 208-521-9093. I got his permission to send this to you.
Paul C
N337DP
Thank you Paul, I think I've heard of him before. I'll call him.

rnorty

Hello Husky enthusiasts: been flying TWs since 1981: had a SC for several years in 90s but only got really into off airport fun with big tired Champ and flying along side a Husky soon decided that is the airplane for me. Bought 07 A1-B and four years later and lots of practice, Idaho Frank Church; FlyOz, mountain strips as well as pasture landing fun I started to think I'm KIND OF figuring this out. BUT, watching training videos and comments regarding "Bush Air" training with C170; I'm thinking my wife and I would definitely benefit from serious Husky/backcountry specific instruction.

Suggestions for this type of specific Husky instruction; prefer a solid instructor and not a school. Could also PM me if you'd like.

Thanks to all.
Jack
Another option Jack! Give Fred Williams a call https://advflying.com/ - he's in Cascade, ID during the summers. I spent two productive days with him this past summer and had a time.

Hope to see you again this summer.

flyingjack

Another option Jack! Give Fred Williams a call https://advflying.com/ - he's in Cascade, ID during the summers. I spent two productive days with him this past summer and had a time.

Hope to see you again this summer.
Thanks for info; I actually know Fred from our time spent in Cascade and he knows his stuff; but, he flies Kitfox and wife/I are looking for Husky specific instruction to take the next step which I assume will be fine tuning what we "think" we already know. BTW, have our RV reservations in for the month of June in Cascade; then we'll be a week or so in COE and I'll call a couple of weeks before COE. Hope to see you there.
Jack

Utah-Jay

I think if you contact HQ (i.e. Aviat) they have a guy I know who would be amazing. Hint: Ask if you can get Earl’s contact details for backcountry flight training.