Baumann 2100 Straight Floats on A-1C

Jared Moore

I'm looking at potentially moving into an A-1C-180, does anyone have any experience if Baumann BF-2100 Straight Floats are a viable option on an A-1C-180?

Looking at the FAA Type Cert Data sheet it says Baumann floats are approved on the A-1A and A-1B, but it also says the particular note doesn't apply to the A-1C. This doesn't quite add up to me as some of the later A-1B's (produced with the C model wing) are able to be modified to the A-1C gross weight of 2200lbs and are supposedly structurally the same as the 2008 A-1C. So thinking logically, I'd like to believe one could use the BF-2100 floats on an A-1C at max gross weight of 2200lbs. Type data cert sheet also says only the A-1A, and A-1B are approved for use for 31" Alaskan Bush Wheels, which clearly isn't the case from what i've seen online. I'd appreciate any input on this question, thanks in advance for the help!

Gust Kalatzes

If I remember reading correctly, ABW 31’s from the factory or factory STC require the additional larger tail wheel (brand I’m not familiar with). ABW STC does not require the lager TW so 31’s and larger BBW have their own STC.

A-1C GW is 2250 and as mentioned can be 2200 on some of the others. Don’t know if the 2250 is too much for the floats or not.

Best,

johnaz

You can pretty much make or find any part you need for Baumanns, they are the lightest and best floats for Husky.