Fastest Husky

johnaz

Flew back from cabin 70 miles north of Anchorage, Red Creek last night.
Had 55 mph tailwinds most of the way.
Think I set speed record in my Husky, with 35's, belly pod, extended cub gear. Usually cruise about 105mph.
GPS ground speed does not show up well, but indicates 154mph GS
John

Attachments

• 20210920_193620 (006).jpg
    20210920_193620 (006).jpg
    72 KB · Views: 19

Meadowlark

Pretty good John...... Coming out of the Great Bear Wilderness after a weekend of camping and work at Schafer Meadows I flew down along the Great Wall and turned East over Gibson Reservoir...... The wind squirted me out of the canyon and out over the prairie at 184 mph.

J/C. GTF & 18AZ

Ak Kurt

John, I think brother Kent saw close to 200mph bring your old Husky home last year.

Kurt

johnaz

John, I think brother Kent saw close to 200mph bring your old Husky home last year.

Kurt
Think maybe fastest with 35's, pod and extended cub gear?
Those new ones without all that hanging out are fast for sure.
Rare to have that 55 mph tailwind down low, was only at 2500, below 1500 was moderate turbulence, so stayed up a bit. Normal altitude for my trips to cabin is about 1000'.

tbienz

That’s a little like saying “my drift boat is as fast as a power boat” because you went down a really quick stretch of river. ;-)
It’s all about the TAS.

Last edited:
173 from Yellowstone all the way to Florida last year. 2 1/2 day flight took less than 2.

Attachments

• 0D2A42C6-FA92-4381-84F1-2EF2ECFF5169.jpeg
    0D2A42C6-FA92-4381-84F1-2EF2ECFF5169.jpeg
    95.7 KB · Views: 7

AGLyme

On our way back from Casa Grande... we were faster over the Rockies... w/31s and pod. (in your old plane). You were right John, N252Y is a fast Husky

johnaz

On our way back from Casa Grande... we were faster over the Rockies... w/31s and pod. (in your old plane). You were right John, N252Y is a fast Husky
Andrew,
What was your altitude then? I was down low, 2500'. The winds when howling down south are usually up at higher altitudes?
They are fast without extended cub gear/AOSS and 35's hanging out.
John

Kent Wien

Andrew,
What was your altitude then? I was down low, 2500'. The winds when howling down south are usually up at higher altitudes?
They are fast without extended cub gear/AOSS and 35's hanging out.
John
We were at 5,500’

AGLyme

Kent and I were getting texts from friends saying “I’m watching you guys go over 200 mph”… interrupting my nap in the backseat :)

As cool as it gets.

Last edited: