Husky A-1C N73GT

jimhusky

After being without a Husky for 4 years following selling my A-1B N103HY in Oct 2013, I am the proud owner of N73GT. I picked it up in McAllen, TX on September 13 and flew it home to Sacramento over the next few days. In the little over two months I have owned it, I have flown it 45 hours. I love it just as much as N103HY, which I flew 1,230 hours. I am looking forward to seeing everyone at Root Ranch next summer.
B6631B6A-D18D-4309-B450-64EAA7378DC2.jpeg E62052E4-B822-4E3B-94A3-AB06715D6FBB.jpeg

Ak Kurt

Jim, I remember when you sold your airplane many years ago, I was sorry to see you sell, if I remember correctly didn't you go light sport? If I recall correctly my first Husky and yours were only a couple numbers apart. I have a 2012 A1-C now. I flew it twice today, I love that airplane!

Unfortunately we lost some good guys over the years who were regulars on the old list but we have some awesome new blood here now. Looking forward to your post's and pictures.

Kurt

jimhusky

Jim, I remember when you sold your airplane many years ago, I was sorry to see you sell, if I remember correctly didn't you go light sport? If I recall correctly my first Husky and yours were only a couple numbers apart. I have a 2012 A1-C now. I flew it twice today, I love that airplane!

Unfortunately we lost some good guys over the years who were regulars on the old list but we have some awesome new blood here now. Looking forward to your post's and pictures.

Kurt
Kurt,

You have a great memory. I went to a Flight Design CTLSi, which I flew for three years while the Doctors took care of some medical issues. When I was ready to get a medical, they were creating the BasicMed, so I had my Doctor give me a BasicMed phyical on May 1. I sold the CTLSi last year, because I knew I was going to be able to qualify for flight physical and thought that the BasicMed program being available might put a damper on the light sport market.

My new Husky is either a low time 2009 (175 Hours) or a normal time 2016. It had a bad day in early 2016, and was rebuilt by the Factory with a new fuselage, new landing gear, new fabric, and new prop. It has the new style door and pilot window, so in my mind I got a 2016 A-1C and paid a discounted 2009 price. I know others would say I got a Damage History 2009.

It flies great and the only thing that I have left to do is follow your lead and install a Garmin GTX 345 interfaced to the Garmin G600, so I have traffic out & in.

It is great to be back.

Jim

Last edited:

Ak Kurt

Nice purchase Jim! a 345 and MT Ultra would top that baby off nicely! My brother has a CT and he really likes it.

Kurt

PS, and include Thomas's SGS kit too.

trapper

Nice to know there is another Husky near. We have three at KGOO but Yeager is not flying anymore so its actually two. At one time there was 4 here

jimhusky

Nice to know there is another Husky near. We have three at KGOO but Yeager is not flying anymore so its actually two. At one time there was 4 here
Trapper,

Also there is Mike is at KSAC. After the holidays, we have to figure out a good time and place to have a $100 hamburger. I’d like to visit with you.

I was trying to remember If you attended the nothern CA & NV Husky fly-in Mike and I put together at E45 about 12 years ago?

Looking forward to seeing you.

Jim

trapper

Trapper,

Also there is Mike is at KSAC. After the holidays, we have to figure out a good time and place to have a $100 hamburger. I’d like to visit with you.

I was trying to remember If you attended the nothern CA & NV Husky fly-in Mike and I put together at E45 about 12 years ago?

Looking forward to seeing you.

Jim
Sounds good I never went to the Fly in