Husky flight from Alaska to AZ

bumper

Looks like you dragged the weather along behind you. Or it chased you home. We are looking at 4 days of pre-winter weather here in NV, starting tomorrow.

Glad all went well on you iron butt trip home!

johnaz

Here a some shots in the Liard River canyon, going from Watson Lake, Yukon Territory to Fort Nelson, BC. Had some snow showers so had to sit down on the sandbar for an hour or so. Big wolf tracks in the sand, and very big bear tracks, had just seen a bear about a mile back, on the deck most of that route. Liard river/canyon takes one from west of the last set of Rockies to the east side. And most of the way until into southern MT, it was winter everywhere and snow with poor vis, IFR most of the trip, I followed rivers and roads! Turned around a few times to let the snow showers move out a bit, touch and go at times.
29 flying hours and a week of fun all the way.
Love the AOSS gear, no bounce at all.
John

Attachments

• Liard 3.jpg
    Liard 3.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 74
  • Liard 5.jpg
    Liard 5.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 61
  • Liard 4.jpg
    Liard 4.jpg
    961.7 KB · Views: 68

johnaz

Steve,
Thanks. Here is a shot of what I started with when I bought it, was damaged by previous owner. He hit a rock on takeoff, tore the gear off one side and about 6" of each prop blade, it kept flying until he landed on the sand strip and groundlooped it there. Taken a apart and helicoptered to Wasilla, I got it there from guy who bought it from ins company.
My stepson, Starr Farmer in Anchorage at Lake Hood, White Wings Aircraft Services did the resto. Came out really nice, and lost 73 lbs of weight.

I did not like the original color scheme, so tried to salvage what I could and change it to the new one. I think it really came out great for having to keep some of the existing scheme.
John

Attachments

• 2007 Aviat Husky A 1B (3).jpg
    2007 Aviat Husky A 1B (3).jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 55