Interesting morning

trapper

Flew down to a buddy's ranch on a dirt strip this morning where they had around 150 wild mustang horses from Nevada that they are working with . The landing was uneventful but the take off was a whole different story. It looked like the group was off to my right a ways with plenty of room so I started my take off roll. When I was around 40 mph I saw 5 horses running from my left out if the woods. Got on the binders hard enough to left the tail with two guys and almost full fuel. Scared the hell out of me. Next time I will do a better job estimating the herd!

groshel

Nice smooth and cool morning flight took me over Lock Haven headed east along the ridgeline just south of the airport.

The old Piper factory is the white roofed building in the foreground.....the rock field is on the ridgeline south of the airport ...you’ll see these rock fields on many of the old airport pics looking south.

Was quiet today, just a couple of planes out but couldn’t help thinking how busy this was in its heyday Just pondered that 100,000+ planes were built there. 8D29BD3D-D4F0-4F16-AC9E-7241763F37DC.jpeg E1D25AEF-600F-4A4B-A998-736DC46D994B.jpeg

Ak Kurt

I just drove thru the Piper parking lot 2 months ago, just sat there trying to picture what it was like in the peak of it all. It was absolutely dead when I was there, no one around.

Kurt

Flying Dave

A few years ago we stopped in there for my first visit. It was hard for me to fathom the amount of airplanes that went through there as well. And the pictures of the flood were heartbreaking.

groshel

Another morning in central Pa....Region 2 contest at KRVL....30 ships attending

Duo Discus waking up in the attached pic. still has its pajamas on.

Pawnee, C180 and an L-19 towing today in about 15+ 90 degrees crosswind.

A nice task along our ridges with a northwest wind.

93B2646B-B666-4F06-BFEC-78902BBF69D3.jpeg