Living large!

Well done. Would love to see a list of equipment and mounts used.
I use the flight flix strut mount and their “clamp base mount” on the tail. Ram mounts inside the cockpit. The cameras are Sony action cams model fdrx3000 besides the camera pointed at me which is a GoPro4. I would highly recommend going with all of the same type of camera so you can sync them, saves hours off your editing. I also have a canon dslr and DJI mavic pro2 drone. I’ll try to do a walk through video showing these items and the plane soon. Thanks for watching!

Flying Dave

Thanks for the reply! Currently only have a Session 5 that I picked up on a whim and not long after purchasing found out they have discontinued it. Nice little camera but could use more battery life. Guess I need to step up and get some more Hero's. Had some of the original Hero's way back that I have given away over the years. Just purchased the flight fix clamp mount and have played with it some on the grab handles on the tail. Needs longer bolts for our tail spring which I just haven't taken the time to pick up yet. Have my eye on the strut mount as well. Now hurry up on that walk through.... lol.

Have fun and be safe!

Thanks for the reply! Currently only have a Session 5 that I picked up on a whim and not long after purchasing found out they have discontinued it. Nice little camera but could use more battery life. Guess I need to step up and get some more Hero's. Had some of the original Hero's way back that I have given away over the years. Just purchased the flight fix clamp mount and have played with it some on the grab handles on the tail. Needs longer bolts for our tail spring which I just haven't taken the time to pick up yet. Have my eye on the strut mount as well. Now hurry up on that walk through.... lol.

Have fun and be safe!
If you are looking to get another camera I would recommend the Sony action cams, the batteries on those things last at least twice as long as my go pro. I can film a 2.5 hour flight with the action cams on a single battery if I am conscious of turning them off while not recording. I’ve been impressed with the flight flix mounts, they are pricey but seem to be stable, I have had issues with other mounts getting really shaken at cruise speeds.

Ak Kurt

Fun and entertaining to watch which is the objective, Weston, you nailed it!

As you can clearly see in the video, the Husky is a great all around airplane for fun adventure flying.

Kurt

Have fun and be safe!

Don’t forget, when you plug the go Pro into your headset audio system, you can also plug that end into a USB port and have power from the plane, which is the goal.

Flying Dave

Hey Weston, do you have the strut mount with the poly or steel strap? And are you using the rubber vibe x attachment or no? I bought the vibe x to use on the clamp mount for the tail but not sure if I will need it on the strut or not.

Thanks.

Hey Weston, do you have the strut mount with the poly or steel strap? And are you using the rubber vibe x attachment or no? I bought the vibe x to use on the clamp mount for the tail but not sure if I will need it on the strut or not.

Thanks.
Dave, I have the poly strap, I don’t have the rubber vibe x attachment. The strut mount is rock solid at all speeds. The tail mount I shakes above about 85 mph. Maybe I’ll try the vibe x attachment back there and see how it helps.

Flying Dave

Thanks. I will probably order one up in the morning. I am getting about the same results with the shaking with the vibe x attachment on fuselage handles as well as the tail (slightly worse) so not sure if that will be money well spent or not. However I don't think the image stabilization is as good with the session camera as the Hero so there may be something to that as well. I watched your vid again and that Sony camera seems to have a pretty nice image as well. Decisions, decisions.....

Flying Dave

Boring vid but you can see what I am talking about. Definitely shakes less after the power is pulled back and is really nice when it is basically at idle.