Oil Cooler Shutter on 200HP

Jeeper

Hi,
Anyone have experience with installing a single Gate 9 Oil Cooler Shutter on a twin oil cooler 200HP setup ? Assume you would tape off the left side cooler during Winter ? -Mike

Jeb

I don’t have the gate 9 but I do tape both oil coolers with aluminum tape. I leave it on until usually June here in the NW. Comes off easily when warm after shutdown. Goes back on late september.

bumper

I don't have a Gate 9 either, I made my own cooler shutter. If I had a 200 HP, I'd be inclined to install a shutter on both, controlled with one knob.

Jeeper

I don't have a Gate 9 either, I made my own cooler shutter. If I had a 200 HP, I'd be inclined to install a shutter on both, controlled with one knob.
Agree. Unfortunately, the air inlets / arrangement to the individual coolers are different. Not an easy task for the left side oil cooler, by design and by access/ room to fit something in place. Best to tape off the left cooler and install the Gate 9 on the right oil cooler for cold wx operations..

I have had two 180 hp Husky’s. One with / one without oil cooler Shutter. The shutter worked well and nice add on. I currently own two 200 hp. The cowl door does good job on quick oil warm ups. I’m in north central Texas and seldom see temperatures as low as zero F but find stock 200 hp cowling very effective in doing what it is intended to do.