Quarter-Cirlce BLM strip

I spend a lot of time in the Gunnison Colorado area. It's one of the reasons I bought my Husky, to spend time flying around the mountains. Doing research on back country strips in the area I came across a BLM strip near Gunnison in Saguache county that might be of an interest. I don't have my Husky with me so I decided to drive out and check it out. It's the Quarter-Circle Ranch strip. Below is a link describing it and the guest ranch near by. The strip is cleared of big boulders and the ends are marked but other than that it is unimproved and almost counts as an off field landing. It is surrounded by remote and beautiful BLM and National Forrest land. The coordinates are wrong on the information. This is what I got N38.1417 W106.7364.

http://flycolorado.org/index.php/airstrip-database/blm-airports/quarter-circle-circle/

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 22

Meadowlark

My experience exactly trying to post pictures to this site, only I usually don't even get a picture posted even up side down. I don't know why it has to be so difficult...... Other web sites aren't....

J/C GTF