WTB Seat Cushions

Knucklez

I'm looking for a set of front seat cushions for an A-1. I don't know who owned the plane before me, but whoever it was, squished the foam flat.

Snowbirdxx

If you have Oregon Aero seats you May get the foam from them ( temperfoam) the super cub bottom fits. Regular aviat seAts, you can get the filling at Homedepot aerospace.

Dogscout

Another source for 'temperfoam' (confor-foam), the certified kind, along with a brief discussion of the different hardness/softness/color. A good solid vendor.

Thanks. dogscout

bumper

If you are having the foam inserts made, or making them yourself (not a bad option) here's some things to consider. As Tom D. mentions, Oregon Aero is or was the supplier to Aviat. They are pricey but do good work.

Confor, Nasa, Tempafoam, Memory foam, all refer to the same polyurethane product. It is available in several densities, all of which are pricey. To make a seat, several densities are often used to provide proper support and comfort. It glues together well using spray adhesive. It cuts easily with an electric kitchen knife, serrated knife, or saw - - refrigerate it first for ease of forming and cutting - use caution as when cold it can be brittle and break if not handled with care. The finished shape is best covered with a layer of regular poly-foam to allow for upholstery covering fit. When sawing, it makes a hellofamess with sawdust everywhere.

Knucklez

If you are having the foam inserts made, or making them yourself (not a bad option) here's some things to consider. As Tom D. mentions, Oregon Aero is or was the supplier to Aviat. They are pricey but do good work.

Confor, Nasa, Tempafoam, Memory foam, all refer to the same polyurethane product. It is available in several densities, all of which are pricey. To make a seat, several densities are often used to provide proper support and comfort. It glues together well using spray adhesive. It cuts easily with an electric kitchen knife, serrated knife, or saw - - refrigerate it first for ease of forming and cutting - use caution as when cold it can be brittle and break if not handled with care. The finished shape is best covered with a layer of regular poly-foam to allow for upholstery covering fit. When sawing, it makes a hellofamess with sawdust everywhere.
I contacted Oregon Aero, and, as I understood it, they are the OEM supplier to Aviat, and cannot sell the cushions direct. I did take the seats to a local guy, but I'm still not thrilled. The back seat is actually quite comfortable, but the pilot seat cushion, and the seat fabric are wearing thin.

I really do appreciate all the thoughts and help though.

Wes

Knucklez

Wes,

the Super Cub cushions from Oregon Aero are the same as for the Husky. No OEM deal there.
Thomas, you're the Google of the Husky world. And thanks for the SSGs. I bought them, and sent them off to Canada (I'm in California), to be installed during the pre buy inspection. The ferry pilot, who has a ton of time in various Huskys, loved them. And they've served me well in many a ham fisted landing.

groshel

I had Oregon Aero modify my front bottom cushion to clear the stick better.

They treated it as a repair and only charged for shipping…Top notch customer service