Husky Fly In Down Under !!??

Pudz

Gday All
How about a Husky Fly In some where on the East Coast of Australia over the summer??
I fly regularly out of Gloucester, Forster, Stroud and Port Stephens and these are reasonable locations for a fly in. Any other thoughts??
If anyone transits their Husky from USA I am sure we can sort your accomodation out...!!
Kind reagrds
Daryl Pudney

Larson

Hey Putz

Good idea- just gotta stop raining - for the driest continent on earth, we seem to be coping it!

DrouinHusky

I am up for that…great idea…just wait while I change to floats!
Seriously though, would love to be involved.
Cheers,
David Hooke
PS Hope you are safe Lars. I know Kyneton is in trouble.

Larson

Thanks David
We are out at the Lake these days- got to over 130%. We were flooded in for a night, but going down now.
Plenty of trees, coolers, duck punts, pontoons and shoes down our end of the lake shore, I’m sure the owners will come looking :).
It has been Gator or Kayak over the last few days :).

talk soon..

Pudz

Gday all

BIG WHEEL FLY-IN AUSTRALIA - 2024 - Gloucester NSW

I have started working a plan for a 'Big Wheel' Fly-in at Gloucester NSW Australia for a weekend in March-April next year.

Gloucester Aero Club has had over 500 monthly meetings and is still going strong. It has a long grass strip and excellent clubhouse with bunks and amenities. It also has some interesting and picturesque flying. We should be able to get more than 6 Local Ag strips of varying challenge within 30 minutes flight for landings. If people want to head to the coast for a coffee instead there are also many options.

Let me know if you are interested in coming along or assisting in spreading the word once we set a date. (We could look at having a STOL comp on the weekend as well if there is enough interest and people with skills to coordinate)

(The first three Bushplane aircraft and crew that arrive from North America or Europe will get free accomodation, hangarage and landing fees at Gloucester for 7 days....and a large amount of bragging rites.....

Let me know of any interest,

Pudz

DrouinHusky

Definitely up for that.
Have recently upgraded the panel with a G3X, so need to get some work out of it!
Happy to assist in any way possible...

Pudz

Definitely up for that.
Have recently upgraded the panel with a G3X, so need to get some work out of it!
Happy to assist in any way possible...
I was thinking of only giving the maps to the fly-in airfields on a photocopied topograph 1:500 000 or in Grid to add to the challenge. If you work out the location on the g3x you can't share the lat long until the Sunday night debrief...
Any thoughts on bush plane forums in Australia to get this sort of thing started??
Pudz