31" Alaskan Bushwheels FOR SALE

N104RX

Hi Everybody,

I got a set of 31" Alaskan Bush wheels for sale.
They are located at KALM, New Mexico.

The tires have seen mainly dirt and grass (80%).
The mold line is still visible.
They come on "new" Cleveland 60-40s with discs.
The rims and tires were purchased (new) in December of 2009, installed in February of 2010 and have seen about 60-80 landings.

A set of 31 inchers is $3400 new and the wheels are about $1900 new.
A total of $5300.00.
The lead time for rims is currently 45 days (SkyGeek) which I was also told in December. My actual wait was closer to 3 months.

I'd part with them if somebody would offer in the neighborhood of $3750.00. (Buyer pays shipping or stops buy and I'll install them for free).

Shoot me a PM if you are interested.

Cheers

bumper

That sounds like a great deal. Sure wish I didn't have so much pavement to taxi on to get to my hangar. In the very unlikely event that someone needs just the rubber, I'd be interested in the wheels.

N104RX

That sounds like a great deal. Sure wish I didn't have so much pavement to taxi on to get to my hangar. In the very unlikely event that someone needs just the rubber, I'd be interested in the wheels.

I'll keep you in mind in case somebody only needs the rubber.

I'd be interested in a set of plans for your front baffling. How much would you like for them? (No, - I won't trade the wheels;)

bumper

I'll keep you in mind in case somebody only needs the rubber.

I'd be interested in a set of plans for your front baffling. How much would you like for them? (No, - I won't trade the wheels;)

Ah Phooey! How 'bout I take the front baffle off my plane and overnight them to you in trade!!

I plan on offering the plans. Just haven't had the time to make some adjustments, refine them, and determine costs to copy them. Price should be reasonable, maybe $20 or there'bouts depending on my costs.

bumper

N104RX

Ah Phooey! How 'bout I take the front baffle off my plane and overnight them to you in trade!!

I plan on offering the plans. Just haven't had the time to make some adjustments, refine them, and determine costs to copy them. Price should be reasonable, maybe $20 or there'bouts depending on my costs.

bumper

good deal!! please keep me posted.

N104RX

Well since Bumper hinted at the possibility of a rims only sale, here are the seperate price tags:

31" Bushwheels : $2400.00 ($3400 new)
Cleveland wheels + discs: $1350.00 ($1900 new and a long wait)

However there is one condition. I need confirmed buyers for both.
Bumper are you still up for this?

Cheers

bumper

On further reflection, I'm going to pass. Though either or both is a smokin' deal. Sure wish I lived on a grass strip.

Last edited:

N104RX

On further reflection, I'm going to pass. Though either or both is a smokin' deal. Sure wish I lived on a grass strip.

No problem at all.

Have you ever considered a plenum for your engine?
I had one on my Rocket and never had any problems with temps, besides low oil temps initially, - but this was an easy fix

I got a buyer for the rims, so now i need a taker for the rubber.

Come on guys $2400.00 is a great deal.

Cheers

N104RX

Hi Everybody,

here's some more information on the wheels.

I checked my logs to be more accurate.

The wheels were installed on 3-26-10 with 706 hrs. on the airplane.
As of today the airplane has logged 772 hrs.

We are talking 66 hrs flying time and my flightlog shows 53 landings.
I usually land on a sand runway here in KALM.

I figure between 10 and 20 landings were on asphalt (hard to avoid if you
need fuel).

I also talked to WUP at Alaskan Bush Wheels (800-442-8473).
this morning and he offered that you could call him for more info in regard to wear and tear.

I hope this helped.

Wolfgang