A-1B parts needed

candecal

i have a broken Husky and need help locating parts. L&R wing struts, right wing tip, lower nose bowl and the side/belly panel's. all help is much appreciated.

Snowbirdxx

Thes struts can be easly welded if they are not totally destroied. Nosebowl and wingtips are very easy to repair too. Sidepanels are also very simpe and easy to fabricate.

The ower engine cowlis a bit tuff to make, but for that I have a mld and can make it from Fiberglass.

TomD

candecal

Thes struts can be easly welded if they are not totally destroied. Nosebowl and wingtips are very easy to repair too. Sidepanels are also very simpe and easy to fabricate.

The ower engine cowlis a bit tuff to make, but for that I have a mld and can make it from Fiberglass.

TomD

Hi Tom, first & Foremost i came across the site yesterday and was very impressed with all the members & there comments on various topics. As for the Husky, Three struts are bent bad and the lower nose cowl tubing is bent in badly as well. Thought i would ask around before fabricating. I'll be checking to see what bumpers are under it as i sure like what i read about your SGS kit.

thanks so much for repling,
Rod

Snowbirdxx

Rod,

wellcome to the Husky community. This realy is a great group of people.

As for the lower cowl bowl tubing. I removed it. Then replaced it with a foam and made 3 layers of fiberglass over the foam. Much lighter and more strength. It is completly stupid to use a metal tube / full rod in that part of the plane.

TomD

candecal

Rod,

wellcome to the Husky community. This realy is a great group of people.

As for the lower cowl bowl tubing. I removed it. Then replaced it with a foam and made 3 layers of fiberglass over the foam. Much lighter and more strength. It is completly stupid to use a metal tube / full rod in that part of the plane.

TomD

thanks for the wellcome Tom. that's a great idea on the bowl.
Rod

Kinoav8r

I've got a set of struts from an early A-1A that were slightly bowed from being strapped too tightly on a truck. Don't know if the P/Ns are the same.

DougTadman

Rod;

I have a right wing tip - original droop style from my 2001 A1-B painted Husky Royal Blue. Let me know if you are interested.

Regards;

Doug