Attaching Scroth inertia reel shoulder harness

harry harper

Just took delivery of a set of Scroth inertia reel set belts with the "y" shoulder harness. Poured over old posts about the subject.
I've got an Aviat non enertia reel set in my 91 A-1.
Still not quite sure how to attach the front reel base to the V overhead. There is nothing on the V to bolt to except the legs of the V tubing and a short cross pc that the stock shoulder harness loops around.
Cubcrafters has a pretty elegant looking clamp/plate arrangement for $50 that looks promising.
Not sure if the plate holes will align with the reel frame holes but should be workable.
Suggestions? Even pictures?

pap

Can you please give me where you buy your safety belt , i send mail to Scroth but no answer , also if possible the price
best regards

harry harper

Can you please give me where you buy your safety belt , i send mail to Scroth but no answer , also if possible the price
best regards
Got a set from Scroth US in Florida.
From the old posts re this harness I ordered part # 1-09-E 53301.
It has the U shaped upper shoulder harness end where it comes out of the inertia reel.
Customer service contact:
Yvonne Pagan
1-954-784-3178
yvonne.pagan@us.scroth
Paid just over $1000 US shipped to my door in Idaho. Which is up significantly from prices several years ago.
Possibly a better price for two?
I only needed one.
The stock Aviat belts were the only truly annoying thing in my old A-1.
This Scroth belt is superb!!

Oryx

Got a set from Scroth US in Florida.
From the old posts re this harness I ordered part # 1-09-E 53301.
It has the U shaped upper shoulder harness end where it comes out of the inertia reel.
Customer service contact:
Yvonne Pagan
1-954-784-3178
yvonne.pagan@us.scroth
Paid just over $1000 US shipped to my door in Idaho. Which is up significantly from prices several years ago.
Possibly a better price for two?
I only needed one.
The stock Aviat belts were the only truly annoying thing in my old A-1.
This Scroth belt is superb!!
My stock belts are a pain when trying to reach the flap handle, how did you get your new belt attached to the cross tube? Any pictures would be great. Thanks!

Kent Wien

I designed a set with Schroth that has you pull up to tighten, which is easier than pulling down in the tight cockpit of the Husky. I ended up getting a set from Aviat. Kind of wish I had gone with the direct buy from Schroth. Here is the design number for the pull up version:

1-09-L53323-A

Kent

harry harper

My stock belts are a pain when trying to reach the flap handle, how did you get your new belt attached to the cross tube? Any pictures would be great. Thanks!
Ill be back at the hangar tomorrow for a couple of pics.
Kent the question for us A-1 owners is: for the front seat reel, what is the reel base attached to up in the V?
The A-1 only has smooth tubing and the smaller diameter short cross tube.

Snowbirdxx

Make a filler that fits in the V . Can be hard multyi layer Wood. Larger Plate in the bottom with a hole dir the reel and the reel gies in top

harry harper

Fabricated a thin steel plate and secured it to the V tubes with cool tube clamps from Cubcrafters. Attached the reel base on the bottom side of the plate. The clearance between the reel and the skylight was neglible if mounted on the top side of the plate.

Attachments

• IMG_0988 (1).jpg
    IMG_0988 (1).jpg
    443.7 KB · Views: 21