Best Copilot left westbound

Snowbirdxx

Tonight my best Copilot took her final flight westbound over the Rainbow. In the last 15 years she logged over 2000 hrs with us flying. She landed with us on Mt Rosa at 14.600 ft, hat more that 120 Crossings of the Alps, landed in the Volcano Crater of Gerbier de Jonc. Never bitched, never complained. What a great dog, she was loved everywhere we went. We hope she arrived well at the end of the Rainbow to watch and guard us. RIP Gina our thoughts will always be with you.

Attachments

• 315995276_5544011002303124_8340993353900347363_n.jpg
    315995276_5544011002303124_8340993353900347363_n.jpg
    553.2 KB · Views: 77
  • 315854471_5544016778969213_7385702335412586749_n.jpg
    315854471_5544016778969213_7385702335412586749_n.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 71

tbienz

Sorry to hear of her passing. Dogs are great, their only “weakness” is that they just don’t live long enough. But you guys had 15 years together, that’s a very long time compared to many of mine in the past.

Ak Kurt

Thomas, Im so sorry to hear this. I have 2 black labs and I dread the day they fly west.

Kurt

Thomas - Well said! We become very attached to our companions of other species, and it is always sad when they depart us - may you find solace in the good memories...

David

Thomas,

I am so very sorry. Dogs are a great gift from God. They love us when we are unlovable, they are there to support us in our darkest hours, and they bring us joy every day. It is tough to lose a friend like that.

bumper

Sorry to hear of your loss, Thomas. A true sadness that their time with us is so short. Our golden retriever, Thumper left use 4 months ago, many here will remember her from the Root Ranch:

There's a strip of bacon in the bowl, and I told her to wait . . . she was always food possessive, but would never bite!

If I can suggest . . . get another pup sooner than later. Having Sadie (our rescue border collie) helped us.

Snowbirdxx

Sorry for your loss Bumper. Below is a Pic of my favourite Copilots: Gina, Ulla and Samantha. She is right now the commander if the international sopace station, Great girl!

Attachments

• esami club 259small.jpg
    esami club 259small.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

groshel

Sorry to hear of your loss, Thomas. A true sadness that their time with us is so short. Our golden retriever, Thumper left use 4 months ago, many here will remember her from the Root Ranch:

There's a strip of bacon in the bowl, and I told her to wait . . . she was always food possessive, but would never bite!

If I can suggest . . . get another pup sooner than later. Having Sadie (our rescue border collie) helped us.
I agree with Bumper about getting a new pup sooner rather than later..

I know you all want to keep memories fresh in your mind of your passed companion as long as you can but keep in mind there are tons of great dogs out there looking for someone to love and since their time on this earth is so much less than ours (maybe one seventh) time is always short for them.

My dog Piper is 9 and she just took her first flight. I hope I get to have many more with her in the time we have.

C

tbienz

Bumper, very sorry to hear of Thumper's passing. I recall meeting her at Root Ranch. I now have a border collie (Finley) that flies with me all the time. I look forward to meeting Sadie some time at the Root or Minden.

bumper

Bumper, very sorry to hear of Thumper's passing. I recall meeting her at Root Ranch. I now have a border collie (Finley) that flies with me all the time. I look forward to meeting Sadie some time at the Root or Minden.
Thomas, thank you for the kind words. I'm not sure what my flying future holds as I've suffered heart damage, guessing from the Moderna vaccine. Heart is about 50% strength with damage to lower part of heart. I was not aware of any heart attack.

David

Bumper, I am so sorry to hear about your heart. I lost my dear friend, Stu, a retired Alaskan Flying Game Warden, last year from an adverse reaction to the booster. Do not remember which company's vaccine. I caught covid this July and I ended up with lots of heart issues. After doing lots of research and spending lots of time talking with various cardiologists; they told me that they are seeing a huge amount of heart issues from covid including weird electrical issues, neurological issues, vascular issues, physical damage to the heart, clotting issues, and heart attacks. The possible good news is that they also are seeing some of these issues self resolving after 6-9 months. They do not know why either. Lord willing, you will be one of those whose symptoms and damage resolve.

Paul Collins

Sorry Thomas and Bumper for the loss of your pups! I do remember Thumper at the Root Ranch. Very protective, but then, you needed protection Bumper! Hope to see you at the Root this summer - with a new guardian. I'll call.