cockpit storage container?

brucer

does anyone have some ideas for more pilot-accessible storage in their husky?

something to hold bottle of water, sunglasses, etc…

that little black document holder on the left just doesn’t cut it…

appreciate any ideas…

dogday

Have you looked at this thread:

bumper

From that other thread:

A couple of additional things to note. Using rivet nuts and stainless screws make it easy to remove the shelf for service. Only a Phillips screwdriver to remove 8 screws (three on each side at the bottom, and one each side under the bottom lip or the instrument panel. All "middle" pieces have 90 degree bent edges with rivet nuts. The sides are fixed to the middle parts with stainless screws. I will be selling this shelving storage box, along with all the airplane parts that are currently attached to it, sometime in the near future.

1708228660851.png

groshel

I took two of those cheap plastic can/ bottle holders that you can get at Walmart or the auto parts store….cut the top hook off…drilled a couple holes in them and tie-wrapped one to the right side of front seat tubing (floor level) and the other to the left side tubing of the rear seat.

Held the standard water bottles just fine, got them out of the way and easy to grab.

Jeb

KEMIMOTO Bike Cup Holder, 2 Pack Bike Water Bottle Holder, Bicycle Handlebar Drink Cup Holder with Mesh Pockets for Road Bikes Cruiser Scooter Wheelchairs up to 32oz
https://a.co/d/gQCCpIs

These also were in another thread someplace. I have one under my right thigh attached to the seat frame. Wallet, phone, etc usually live in it.

Ksmith

I've been using the bike bottle holders for years, work great, get wire ones, you can bend to suit the size of bottle or cup.

wyopilotwyatt

does anyone have some ideas for more pilot-accessible storage in their husky?

something to hold bottle of water, sunglasses, etc…

that little black document holder on the left just doesn’t cut it…

appreciate any ideas…
Small dollar store plastic basket and using commercial grade Velcro attached it to top of heater box on the floor between rudder pedals. Works great. Keeps my cell phone and a couple of bottles of water handy. Doesn’t really get hot enough with stock exhaust to heat the water. Probably would melt plastic and warm water for guys with power flow exhaust.

Last edited:

harry harper

Found the equivalent metal mesh basket for the top of the heater box..Yup, Powerflow=HOT..
Attached with a couple of sheet metal screws. Works great..

Rob

I attached a small tin loaf pan to the top of the heater box. Also would double as survival equipment if the need arose. Boil water, cook…make a cake. Haha… it holds 4 16oz water bottles. Used Velcro to hold it down.

Ak Kurt

I attached a small tin loaf pan to the top of the heater box. Also would double as survival equipment if the need arose. Boil water, cook…make a cake. Haha… it holds 4 16oz water bottles. Used Velcro to hold it down.
Cake? Ooooo, now you have my attention! What kind of cake?