Colorado CFI

Todd F

I am looking for an experienced Husky CFI in CO to fly with my 28 year old son. He lives in Denver. He has his PPL and t/w endorsement (in a Husky) - has ~120 TT and ~25 Husky time. He needs to build time and proficiency for insurance purposes. Can fly from either KAPA or KRIL. I am a CFI but I don’t have enough Husky time in type yet so looking for assistance. Thanks.

flyingjack

I am looking for an experienced Husky CFI in CO to fly with my 28 year old son. He lives in Denver. He has his PPL and t/w endorsement (in a Husky) - has ~120 TT and ~25 Husky time. He needs to build time and proficiency for insurance purposes. Can fly from either KAPA or KRIL. I am a CFI but I don’t have enough Husky time in type yet so looking for assistance. Thanks.
Sent a PM to a CFI on north side of Denver with a Husky. Don't know if he'll travel; probably would if you paid expenses. Good stick.
Jack

flyingjack

I will send you a PM. Experienced hang glider, ATP, CFII and good stick with a Husky. I've flown Huskys with him in CO/UT mountains and his hang glider experience really paid off re updrafts/downdrafts etc.

Gmaitlen

I live 15 minutes from APA. I could fly with him a bit in December, but my schedule is pretty tight prior to then. Greg

flyingjack

OK, I talked to Alex and he is good with me passing out his contact info. Doesn't want the hassle of KAPA; but, would probably fly his Husky to KAPA then fly out with you to somewhere else to practice. He is a very experienced mountain flyer and good with a Husky also an ATP right seat United. He charges $100/hr in your plane plus you'd have to work out expenses for getting him to and from KAPA. Solid guy. He would also probably sell you a used BMW or fix your's- his side business. Has a lot of irons in the fire; flying top of the list.

Alex McCulloch 303-808-6303 As I said, he burns the candle at both ends so may have to leave a message.

Todd F

OK, I talked to Alex and he is good with me passing out his contact info. Doesn't want the hassle of KAPA; but, would probably fly his Husky to KAPA then fly out with you to somewhere else to practice. He is a very experienced mountain flyer and good with a Husky also an ATP right seat United. He charges $100/hr in your plane plus you'd have to work out expenses for getting him to and from KAPA. Solid guy. He would also probably sell you a used BMW or fix your's- his side business. Has a lot of irons in the fire; flying top of the list.

Alex McCulloch 303-808-6303 As I said, he burns the candle at both ends so may have to leave a message.
Thanks. I texted him about a week or so ago but no reply. Will try him again..

Todd F

Thanks Dave - I need an experienced Husky guy for insurance purposes.. This is proving much harder than expected!

mtseat

Kevin Kellogg teaches in his C-140 out of Erie (KEIK) north of Denver. He's flown Huskys, Cessnas, Beavers, wheels/floats/skis in Alaska and checked me out in my Husky.
907-565-9149 kkb1rd12@gmail.com