Cylinders for Lycoming O360-A1P

blenaerts

Hi,

I have 2 cylinders on my O360-A1P that need replacements. One has crack the other was ruined by the wrist pin cap.

Any ideas where to find cylinders for O360-A1P? Superior has currently 3 month wait.

Any tips or guidance welcome!

Thanks in advance
Bart

Flying Dave

No info on the availability but feel your pain. Any ideas on the wrist pin issue? We had two cylinders that suffered from the same fate.

blenaerts

No info on the availability but feel your pain. Any ideas on the wrist pin issue? We had two cylinders that suffered from the same fate.
Wrist pin caps were in aluminum and may have gotten stuck. BTW Wrist pin was ok, the cap at the end and the cylinder wall was badly damaged.

Attachments

• Photo on 11-19-22 at 12.50 PM.jpg
    Photo on 11-19-22 at 12.50 PM.jpg
    636.2 KB · Views: 34

Flying Dave

Interesting. Ours didn’t have grooves like that but it was getting hot enough where it rubbed that the cylinder walls were blue.

Husky A1

Hi,

I have 2 cylinders on my O360-A1P that need replacements. One has crack the other was ruined by the wrist pin cap.

Any ideas where to find cylinders for O360-A1P? Superior has currently 3 month wait.

Any tips or guidance welcome!

Thanks in advance
Bart
I have 4 new stock pistons if that helps. No cylinders.

blenaerts

Husky N90HU is flying again! Found a local FAA approved shop "Unlimited Aero Engines" KFIT that repairs cylinders. The shop is like a candy store! Oil temperature and CHT are perfect after 11 hours of break in time. (180 / 275) Running on Phillips XC now.

Attachments

• IMG_9213.jpg
    IMG_9213.jpg
    723.3 KB · Views: 21