EXTRA or IMPORTANT - Items for each 100hrly on a Husky

Pudz

Hi All

If there is already a thread for this I apologise profu. I often say to my LAME (A&P) that this is what the smart guys on FLyHusky reckon about ....... (particular item)

There is a standard 100hrly promulgated by Aviat but I think a pinned discussion like the Back Country Kit that may be helpful to help newbies and oldies alike.

I will start:

Pitot Static - Blow out every 100hrly

(I have had a husky for 3 years and spent 3 months landing using the force with no IAS until I got around to blowing three years of cow shit from the pitot static - please dont tell anyone...)

Fuel Cap Gaskets - Check each 100hrly

(Yep I should have checked them at each refuel but they had cracks like The Grand Canyon when I was sourcing a water contamination problem and LAMEs (A&Ps don't usually refuel your airplane before you take it home......)

Kind regards
Pudz

Snowbirdxx

Cleanout of the tank vent line before the useless build in check valve is strongly recommended, Then cover the vent exit with a mosquito sreen or similan and never have to do it again.

David

I used Thomas's idea and I went to Walmart and got a couple of stainless steel kitchen strainers. I just cut out the mesh to size, wrapped it around the vent, then secured them with safety wire. I did this years ago, when Thomas first mentioned it in a thread. Works great! Plenty of air flow for the vents and you can just wipe any smashed bugs off of the stainless steel screen. If you go personally to Walmart you can find a couple of individual strainers for a buck or two each. That is what I did.