Garmin 696

dradams

It seems to me that with an Air Gizmos bracket it could be mounted in the center under the panel. I have seen pictures of 530 plus a transponder mounted there. I think the 696 might even be narrower.

PapaZulu

Grmin 696 in a Husky

Its my understanding that the 696 screen is only available in a "portrait" (up and down) format as opposed to a "horizontal" (left to right) format. Accordingly, the AirGizmo bracket may not work. Also, does AirGizmo even make a bracket for the 696? I know they have a great bracket for the 596series.

Frank

joemcd

Air Gizmos does make a 696 mount. www.airgizmos.com If you place the airspeed indicator and the altimeter on top of each other in the left most top and bottom positions in the six pack, will a 696 fit in a cutout where the remaining four empty holes are? This would assume that you have a plane VFR panel like mine.

Joe

Snowbirdxx

Panel

George,

did you eliminate the rubber bumpers / Vibration blocks in the panel again to have a one piece leightweight panel?

Good looking...

TomD

Scott Musser

Administrator
Staff member
George

You gotta teach ME how you got your picture to show full-size instead of thumbnail size. I'm pretty new to vBulletin, so I'm learning right along with everyone else.

Good to have you on Fly Husky. I look forward to your flight log stories.

PapaZulu

Welcome Back George

SAAWEEET 696 set-up. Hope you'll be sharing your escapades with the new forum. And say Hi to Charlie for us!

Frank

lowlevelops

Scott,

Click the "insert Image" button (yellow postage stamp looking button)

Right click on your photo, select "Properties", copy the location code and paste between the codes.

That seems to work when I tried earlier.

BTW, great panel George!!

We worked with Aviat to develop the panel for our 200 horse Husky project. It fits into a standard, small "VFR" factory panel using an Air Gizmos mount. The Alaska Airmen raffle plane also got this panel.

We loved the 696 display, but couldn't find a place to mount a 696 in a Husky. Aviat, with Stu Horn's support and leadership, and a lot of effort, persevered in making this work in our plane. I believe it will become a factory option. After using the 696, we plan to retrofit this panel into other Huskies.