Hoping the ditch

Greg

That is the Fossil Corridor going north.

This Is fossil then east to Zuni and out to KFLG

Last edited:

Paul Collins

Wow! Neat views!! I was kayaking/rafting the Grand for 23 days a month ago and saw no airplanes at all. Also, it was a bit warmer than you/we had in Flagstaff! Great video!
Paul Collins
N337DP

jimhusky

Greg,

Great video. Before all the restrictions, I use to fly right up the middle of the Grand Canyon in a Beech A36 coming from Los Angeles going to KGCN. As Kurt said, there were not many places to land A36.

Jim J
N73GT

Greg

Greg,

Great video. Before all the restrictions, I use to fly right up the middle of the Grand Canyon in a Beech A36 coming from Los Angeles going to KGCN. As Kurt said, there were not many places to land A36.

Jim J
N73GT
Thanks Jim,

I didn't want to date my self, but back in the day I did the same in C-172. One thing the video proves is that it's still a worth while trip even at the restricted altitudes, plenty of good sights. Suggest early morning, we were alone out there no traffic at all. Just as we excited the airspace here came the tour planes radio lit up.

jimhusky

Greg,

I’ll have to add it to my to do list. I do remember how scenic the trip was without restrictions.

Thank you,

Jim

jkalus

Greg,

I’ll have to add it to my to do list. I do remember how scenic the trip was without restrictions.

Thank you,

Jim
If it’s on your list and you get to do it, Monument Valley isn’t much further and equally scenic from the cockpit!

Attachments

• CF9F9AEC-19C7-4C80-B2E0-908C253D1102.jpeg
    CF9F9AEC-19C7-4C80-B2E0-908C253D1102.jpeg
    968.7 KB · Views: 37

belloypilot

I was lucky enough to see both places with my Bonanza earlier this month. Those cylindrical looking clouds above the rock formation in monument valley are what standing lenictular clouds look like when the ‘mountains’ look like monuments. Yes, it was a rough ride that day, but still amazing.

The canyon is always amazing but I’m always disappointed that photos don’t do it justice. I guess I have to keep going back.

FDC197F1-0E64-4D63-9B3A-7650AD5D464E.jpeg 41D64851-2153-4CA5-BDCA-26C42B117199.jpeg

Greg

If your planning a trip, include a stop at the Bar Ten Ranch (1Z1). Call ahead it gets booked during rafting season. It is the mid point out for rafters. They helio them from the bottom of the canyon, then they spend the night and then fly out to Vegas the next day.

No fuel so plan accordingly.

Rode my dirt bike in their a few years back. This is an amazing working Ranch, and they really take care of their guests. Top Notch service.

There are several rooms in side the lodge or you can sleep in one of their covered wagons.

Early Spring or Late fall is the best time to go.

IMG_3185.JPG
IMG_3197.JPG IMG_3211.JPG