Hoses

rguirola

How often you should change the oil and gasoline hoses ( every 5 or 10 years)? Is there a hose kit from Aviat?

Roberto
TG-DRY:confused:

lowlevelops

I can't find the data right now, but on our part 135 airplanes the hoses are changed every 5 years, typically we change them at engine OH (usually less than 3 yrs TIS). I know there are "unlimited life" hoses out there, I believe the information on the data tag that'a on the hose determines the service limits of the hose.

denningte

Roberto,
My mechanic recommended 10 years for the engine compartment hoses and I had them replaced on the last annual. The sight tubes in your cockpit may need a 5 year cycle depending on how much outside time your aircraft gets. I also had my oil return hoses from the rockers replaced at about 7 years because a couple were showing signs of leakage.

I replaced the fuel sight tubes after 4 years because they were dark and hardening on the bottom corners. These are the deterioration cues Aviat uses to determine when to change them.

TD

Last edited:

rguirola

Thank you all!
TD, my side tubes look ok ( I have only 350 hrs in my 1996 A-1) and the airplane have been in a hangar since new. What I am afraid is of the rest of the hoses. But as all of you say I think is better to change them because age ( my mechanic recommend to change them too).
Thanks again!

Roberto

:)