Husky crash in Columbia

tbienz

Correct. Mine was $2622 with two visors, padded carrying bag and Bluetooth capable ANR. Not sure on weight. I can check next time I’m at hangar.

tbienz

The ANR adds a lot of cost because both the top end Lightspeed and Bose are relatively pricey even without the helmet.

Larson

In addition to Thomas, +1 for flighthelmet.com . I have the Bose headset in it also, I have been using it in the Husky more ...
A yellow visor makes much better definition for viz- provided there’s not too much glare.

I have had to upgrade the microphone- the one supplied ‘breaks down’ under high noise cockpits ..

trapper

I bet I have landed 25 times at Colombia over the years. I actually did my original cross country there years ago. Never experienced any wierd or unusual winds there. I guess I will be more careful in the future.

Snowbirdxx

Thomas I have a HGU helmet and a set of Bose headphones. Could you kindly post a pic how the Bose get mounted internally. I don't want to reinvent the wheel.

Larson

Thomas I have a HGU helmet and a set of Bose headphones. Could you kindly post a pic how the Bose get mounted internally. I don't want to reinvent the wheel.

The Bose headset is pulled apart into pieces for install.
The ear cups are held in place with Velcro, allows for adjustments.
The microphone is an after market boom type- the one supplied with mine was a Sonetics A-9. Ok for quiet aircraft, but bigger radials and V-12’s it breaks down and unusable. I have a Gentex microphone on my HGU55 which I will try ....

hope this helps.

jliltd

I bonked my head on the compass today pretty hard. I was working on the panel and while dismounting, pow! The punchline is I didn't have the seat cushions in and I am only 5' 5" in stature.

tbienz

I was away in the Husky and wasn’t able to weigh it until today. It is 2.5lbs (1.14Kg).

Attachments

• 9044EA69-5C5D-4B94-9463-F8FD610F2173.jpeg
    9044EA69-5C5D-4B94-9463-F8FD610F2173.jpeg
    887.1 KB · Views: 37