Husky friends…

Kent Wien

We have a great group of local New York and Connecticut Husky pilots that love to find new excuses to fly. Here’s an example:

No one has been a more prolific finder of beautiful fields than our good buddy Mark.

He might just be the nicest guy you’ll ever meet. So he pops in to old airstrips and farmers back yards that he knew back in his ultralight days in the ‘80s and seeks retroactive permission to land there. Then he’ll mention that he has a few friends and pretty soon we are all landing at someone’s back yard.

Yesterday I had a few hours to get breakfast so I called Mark. He had just found an amazing “pick your own” farm with a deli/grocer that had a restricted field that he negotiated permission for us to land at.

What a day. So while some may have gravel bars and glaciers to make their adventures fun, I feel lucky to say we have about 6 of the greatest friends here in NY you could possibly have that make the Husky such a lovely thing to experience.

Pics from yesterday:

6E84C1E5-C8E0-4F00-BBF5-A521A0700F0F.jpeg
FC60FB2C-FF9E-4521-8AC7-ACCD712D3CA0.jpeg D801FE71-8181-4C09-A2BF-41113B7A67CB.jpeg A5EFF815-01AC-41DB-9745-34E83D225283.jpeg ADAA5ECE-C598-471E-B609-5525C374AE25.jpeg C396E61A-BA0C-4477-9140-98C18089D534.jpeg

Last edited:

Erik Schetina

We have a great group of local New York and Connecticut Husky pilots that love to find new excuses to fly. Here’s an example:

No one has been a more prolific finder of beautiful fields than our good buddy Mark.

He might just be the nicest guy you’ll ever meet. So he pops in to old airstrips and farmers back yards that he knew back in his ultralight days in the ‘80s and seeks retroactive permission to land there. Then he’ll mention that he has a few friends and pretty soon we are all landing at someone’s back yard.

Yesterday I had a few hours to get breakfast so I called Mark. He had just found an amazing “pick your own” farm with a deli/grocer that had a restricted field that he negotiated permission for us to land at.

What a day. So while some may have gravel bars and glaciers to make their adventures fun, I feel lucky to say we have about 6 of the greatest friends here in NY you could possibly have that make the Husky such a lovely thing to experience.

Pics from yesterday:

View attachment 5138
View attachment 5139 View attachment 5145 View attachment 5141 View attachment 5143 View attachment 5144
Nice! I've got a Husky based out of Lincoln Park, N07. Do you guys have a FB or chat group? Would love to meet some new flying buddies.

Todd F

Those photos look great! I’m a new Husky owner based in CT /NY (KHPN) most of the time. Unfortunately my airplane is out west now but I will get it here eventually. Would love to connect with the locals guys at some stage…

Jeb

Keep us in the loop Larry if you guys would like another flying couple to join you on that adventure!
Anyway it would be fun to meet you guys around WA sometime.

Those photos look great! I’m a new Husky owner based in CT /NY (KHPN) most of the time. Unfortunately my airplane is out west now but I will get it here eventually. Would love to connect with the locals guys at some stage…
Looking forward to meeting you! - We all have a lot of fun out here -- one of our Husky guys (Brad) is a great tail wheel CFI if you want and Husky specific training etc -- Brad20j -- see you soon!