Husky on RF8001 skis in EDPB having fun

Snowbirdxx

Frank just made this Vid about his Husky having a great time with a drone:

watch at 6:49 the landing gear deflection SGS is installed

enjoy

Last edited:

johnaz

Thomas,
Cool video, looks like higher elevation Alaska!
I do not see any Delta spades? Not using them? Have them on the lightweight project, but not flown yet.
Any advice on them?
Thanks,
John

Snowbirdxx

Thats not my plane. Frank flies mostly locally and did not care. Delta spades are the best thing you can do to an old wing husky.
You ll see.

Last edited:

K Borror

Thats not my plane. Frank flies mostly locally and did not care. Delta spades are the best thing youwian do to an old wing husky.
You ll see.
Thomas, can you elaborate on your comment regarding delta spades. I fly a 89 A-1. Thanks Kevin

Snowbirdxx

Kevin,

the Delta spades are STC with my SKI STC for the " Old " style wing having spades. They reduce overall drag a little bit, but stickforceson the aileron a lot. Since now the aileron moves easier, but still has a very god tendency to return to neutral, the pilot can deflect the aileron much faster if required.
In aditionton this nice effect, the Delta spaded Husky requires less rudder in turns.
But let people here on the forum add their inpu who are using the Delta spades.

K Borror

Kevin,

the Delta spades are STC with my SKI STC for the " Old " style wing having spades. They reduce overall drag a little bit, but stickforceson the aileron a lot. Since now the aileron moves easier, but still has a very god tendency to return to neutral, the pilot can deflect the aileron much faster if required.
In aditionton this nice effect, the Delta spaded Husky requires less rudder in turns.
But let people here on the forum add their inpu who are using the Delta spades.
Thanks Thomas, so you are selling the spades and the STC. What’s the damages on my end? Hope to hear from some other Husky drivers as well.