Husky, skis, kites, mountains....

bumper

Gregg,

Thanks for that! Very beautiful indeed. I bet being there overwhelms the senses, even more so than does flying the warmer place I'm privileged to live.

[/URL][/IMG]

Glider

Two dreams of mine are to fly the glider in Mindem and the Husky in Alaska.. Thanks sharing Gregg and Bumper

joemcd

Gregg,

I am very envious of your backyard. Beautiful video and it looked like an incredible day to be out flying.

That is one big sea of white as you approach your LZ!

Thanks fir sharing,
Joe

GreggMotonaga

I've never been in a glider. It looks fantastic. And here I was thinking that flying a ski plane around the hills of Alaska was going to make me complete. Now I need to go find out about flying gliders. Life is fun.

Glad you all enjoyed the video.

Glider

Gregg,
Next time you are visiting Boston and the stars all align I'll get you up in a glider.

Ak Kurt

Gregg,

Make sure you get some glider flying in, its a "whole nuther" world!

I asked Chris at the show what kind of helmet you are wearing in the video and I was going to try to make it over to the party Saturday night but could not make it. I saw Chris the next day and he said briefly that is was not a Gallet but a different one. The label on the helmet said EVO. Can you enlighten me as to what you are using, how you you like it and so on. I am researching helmets now, I tried on and looked at the Gallet's at the show, nice but expensive.

Thanks

Kurt

Last edited:

bumper

one of theses days i am going to fly up and beg Bumper for a ride!

We'll have to rent a two place! Most modern gliders, like the ASH26E in the picture, you pretty much wear as compared to most all power planes. Cockpit is very comfortable, almost semi-supine seating position allows for a small cross section cockpit. Gliders like mine will have an approximate 1.5 sq. foot equivalent flat plate area. Glide ratio is 50 to 1 with a span of 18 meters (59 feet). Bigger span ships are getting up to 60 to 70 - - you can sprinkle dehydrated onion chips and go up on the mouse farts.:D

Proteus

There is just something stunning about big areas of snow. Especially with some huskies sitting on it.