My brother bought a Husky!

Ak Kurt

Greetings everyone,

Happy to say my brother Kent bought a Husky, he closed on it today! To say he is very excited is an understatement. Big kudos go to the seller Louis, when Kent and I flew to go look at the airplane Louis had it ready to present, the airplane was washed and spotless, he had tools for us to use while inspecting and anything we needed he had it for us. Thank you Louis for making the buying experience for Kent such a pleasure.

Kent plans to fly it to my place here in SW Michigan where we will annual the airplane and install a Reiff engine heater, Gate 9 oil cooler shutter valve as well have ADSB install work completed as well as some other little improvements I have up my sleeve.

I’m sure Kent will be on soon to introduce himself.

Kurt

PS Scott, he is trying to sign up on the site but is waiting for approval, he has been waiting for 3 days now. Can you look into this?

Ak Kurt

It’s identical in color and scheme as mine except for one small trim color stripe. When Kent gets authorized to post he will post pics.

Kurt

Kent Wien

B757956D-0E8B-4FBC-89F0-1B925F99C4B5.jpeg
Kurt’s above.

C359E1A3-037B-4F64-B6B5-0CBA04B39330.jpeg
My new Husky!

Background

So Kurt has been on me to get a Husky since 2003. I’ve been keeping track of all the listings and fell in love with many of them. I figured I might be able to swing an A1-A or even a Pup.

Well I just couldn’t pass up this amazing airplane offered by Louis in Florida. Here’s the funny part: it’s nearly a perfect match of Kurt’s Husky. Total coincidence.

So the Wien brothers will hopefully make it to Root Ranch this year in matching airplanes.

Last time something like this happened was in 1974 when my mom dressed us up in matching sweaters for a function in Anchorage. Older brother Kurt was furious, and later horrified to see the picture of our family on the front page of the newspaper with me smiling and him steaming.

I think he’s happier today.

I’ve enjoyed catching up on the posts here and look forward to learning more about the Husky along the way. Thanks in advance.

Pics: Kurts Husky 44NF and mine, 152CW.

Kent
KPOU (NY)

trapper

Great news sounds like you found a really nice example. I am planning on the Root this year as well. I had the same great experience buying my Husky from Kurt 14 years ago !!! I will also find the engine cover this weekend for you