My brother bought a Husky!

jimhusky

Kent welcome to the group. It is a great to have you. Your Husky is beautiful.

Kurt great job of recruiting. Obviously you’re a great brother.

Jim J.
N73GT

Kent Wien

Kent welcome to the group. It is a great to have you. Your Husky is beautiful.

Kurt great job of recruiting. Obviously you’re a great brother.

Jim J.
N73GT
Thanks Jim,

I endured an almost weekly talk about how wonderful the Husky is. I've been to time share presentations that were less pressure!

Ak Kurt

My wife took the photo. She has some fantastic pictures! We may make a calendar for next year.

Kurt

DavePA11

Kurt - you are not providing enough information. Was your wife flying in her Husky? Must be nice to have so many Husky’s in the family. :) You can take parts from your brothers Husky if something breaks on yours!

FW Dave

Ak Kurt's wife is a Fantastic Photographer!.. you should see some of the shots.. amazing.. She shoots through the open window, and is very specific. We got several money shots in that setting above in less than an hour.. Hundreds of shots to look at.. tons of fun. A husky calendar sounds awesome.

MarkZ

View attachment 4251
Kurt’s above.

View attachment 4253
My new Husky!

Background

So Kurt has been on me to get a Husky since 2003. I’ve been keeping track of all the listings and fell in love with many of them. I figured I might be able to swing an A1-A or even a Pup.

Well I just couldn’t pass up this amazing airplane offered by Louis in Florida. Here’s the funny part: it’s nearly a perfect match of Kurt’s Husky. Total coincidence.

So the Wien brothers will hopefully make it to Root Ranch this year in matching airplanes.

Last time something like this happened was in 1974 when my mom dressed us up in matching sweaters for a function in Anchorage. Older brother Kurt was furious, and later horrified to see the picture of our family on the front page of the newspaper with me smiling and him steaming.

I think he’s happier today.

I’ve enjoyed catching up on the posts here and look forward to learning more about the Husky along the way. Thanks in advance.

Pics: Kurts Husky 44NF and mine, 152CW.

Kent
KPOU (NY)
Great story Kurt and Kent. Never saw this before.