My new Husky and the trip home

I bought this A1B in Boise, Id and flew it home over the last two days... 13.6 Hobbs, 6 stops, flew over some incredibly beautiful terrain in the west... to Home south of Fort Worth, TX. Even though it has 31" tires I saw 133MPH TAS.... on 1.25 quarts of oil. Incredible ride! Time for the adventures to begin! Mike Makes it home 2.jpeg

Paul Collins

Scott, I thought I heard you on the radio! Please do come back to Idaho and enjoy what those 31 inch tires are made for!!
Congratulations.
Paul Collins
N337DP

DogLip

You will love your Husky! It needs a 24" Husky w/ Aviat Aircraft Decal on the vertical fin/rudder then we can be twins. Nice job Scott and congratulations!!!!

DogLip

Ak Kurt

Scott, a few things I would do to your airplane is install 4 Aero LED landing and taxi lights and put an MT Ultra on it. Bruce said it was ok to spend your money.

Kurt

Kurt, it would have been fun to join you guys at dinner! I assure you more pictures are coming.... I did a video Trip Report of the trip home (was unsure of folks reception here on the forum, so I didn't post it here. Its on my Youtube channel: FlyWire).

I'll definitely be doing an Ultra, not sure about the AeroLED landing taxi lights though... I'm afraid of flying at night;)

Kurt wanted pictures:
It was warm where I came from... but I knew it was cold where I was going to start from so I packed Long Johns.... and I thought I packed my pants. Some other random shots on the way home. Readyfortakeoff.jpg
It goes without saying.... By the way the Heat in the airplane is really excellent!
PassbeforeWendover.jpg
The pass before Wendover
Wendover-stop1.jpg
First Fuel stop Wendover, UT
BombcratersGrantsPassNM.jpg
Outside of Grants Pass, NM... these looked like Bomb Craters
ClifftopHotelMonumentValley2.jpg
Clifftop resort Monument Valley
GallupatDawnDay2.jpg
Dawn at Gallup, very soft sunrise
GallupNMClimbOut.jpg
Climb out at Dawn From Gallup, NM
LevelllandLastGasStop-NOONEAround.jpg
Last Fuel Stop Levelland, Tx... not a soul around, crew car keys in gas tank door.
LunchatSvannahs-LevellandTX.jpg
Lunch at Levelland,TX
Nampa- All fueledupandreadytogo- now breakfast.jpg
Good Breakfast place here at Nampa!