Need help with MLG

flyingjack

07 A1-B; apparently left cabane slightly "bowed" from skis two owners ago- not bad; but, it has always bothered me. I finally procured and nice set, had them powder coated and have new bungees, SGS and all new hardware ready to install. We will start owner assisted annual in a week or so, depending on mechanics timing.

Has anyone come up with a way to use Cessna wing jacks to lift the Husky. I have the wing jacks from our 36 yrs of owning C210s. I'll also be using a cherry picker on engine as lord mounts need replaced first. My hangar trusses (lifting from top rings) are covered with drywall and I don't think they will work anyway so hoping to use wing jacks somehow so I can get both mains completely off the ground and be rock solid stable.

Thanks for any ideas or suggestions.
Jack

Paul Collins

I have an A1-C and I use a self-made lift to pick the airplane up from the lift points above the front seat. I'll see if I can get a picture.
It's nice as i have full access to the fuselage/landing gear and wheels. I'm not familiar with your lifts as I don't have a Cessna.
Paul Collins
N337DP

Snowbirdxx

just hang the fuselage on the rear end of the engine mount to a small cshopcrane. No need to have both wheels in the air. Do une side at a time. male sure to lube the bungeholding tubes well with silicone or teflon. seat the bungee as close as lossible towards the inside of the holder, do that after the bungetool is on the holder and about 2" screwed up. if you do not place the fist bungee right before tensionig, you get problems later.

airplanebrad

They’re not made or intended to be jacked like a cessna. Use the lift rings, or take the upper cowling off and lift it from the engine mount like Tom said. It’s easy.

flyingjack

Thanks everyone for info. Paul, Cessna jacks up under the wing. C210s have jack points inboard of the tie down rings that came from factory that are apparently built with the wing. I've read on old Husky posts of owners jacking up the wing at tie down rings and one actually bent his tie down ring and had to replace.