New Husky Owner

johusky

Hello just bought a 1999 A-1A. After looking at SuperCubs and a lot of poorly represented airplanes I started to look at Husky’s and bought one instead.

Flight home from Ogden Utah to Minneapolis Crystal (KMIC) MN was incredible. left Ogden Friday November 2nd early afternoon and made Rapid City South Dakota before daylight ended. 29 gallons burned top ground speed was 174 MPH!! Day two stuck in Rapid City gusting over 40 low ceilings rain. Day three deviated North to Fergus Falls MN after spending 2 1/2 hours on top VFR was able to make a Legal VFR descent. Got within 80 miles of home before weather stopped me, had the wife come and get me. Yesterday went and got the new girl home. Now to get a set of floats before next spring.

Joe

wbatz1

Hello just bought a 1999 A-1A. After looking at SuperCubs and a lot of poorly represented airplanes I started to look at Husky’s and bought one instead.

Flight home from Ogden Utah to Minneapolis Crystal (KMIC) MN was incredible. left Ogden Friday November 2nd early afternoon and made Rapid City South Dakota before daylight ended. 29 gallons burned top ground speed was 174 MPH!! Day two stuck in Rapid City gusting over 40 low ceilings rain. Day three deviated North to Fergus Falls MN after spending 2 1/2 hours on top VFR was able to make a Legal VFR descent. Got within 80 miles of home before weather stopped me, had the wife come and get me. Yesterday went and got the new girl home. Now to get a set of floats before next spring.

Joe
Good to have another Husky at KMIC. There are 2 of us on the East Side Hangars. The sod runway is closed as of 11-1-18, if you want to use it call Scott, or the tower. Sod can be opened until snow stays on surface.

johusky

Thanks guys once I figure the picture thing out I will. I’m on the west side by thunderbird I own the hanger my Dad built in 1963!

johusky

Plan is to put the Husky on floats next summer. In 2001 I flew my PA12 on straight floats from Minneapolis to the artic circle around the west side of Hudson Bay. 39 hours round trip! Hope to repeat the trip in the next couple of years.

Floyd

Sounds about the same as my buying plans. Started looking at cubs and then realized I could get a much newer Husky at not much of a price increase. Ended up with a 1997 A1 and love it with over 800 hours on it now in the last 8 years. Have 31 inch tires and a MT on it. You will have fun, enjoy

jimhusky

Welcome to the gang. I know you made the right choice, because it is a great airplane. It sounds like an exciting trip home.

Jim J.
N73GT