New Instructor for mountain ops

Snowbirdxx

the new instructor, professional pilot ( Global Express )and his student a military fighter pilot, did this to our training plane in theis 3rd flight by not following basic rules.
It just shows that regardless of the license you have, you can easy reach the top of the dufu scale.

Guess how they bent the aileron.....

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-05-24 at 12.56.47.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-05-24 at 12.56.47.jpeg
    371.9 KB · Views: 109
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-05-24 at 12.57.01.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-05-24 at 12.57.01.jpeg
    309.8 KB · Views: 101

Proteus

professional pilot ( Global Express )and his student a military fighter pilot
I think I spotted the problem :)

As for the aileron, I saw a fencepost do something similar once.

But I'm hoping for an amusing answer. So I'll guess a stone laying on the ground

Snowbirdxx

Here is a vid that shows a normal landing in a Husky at Termon
The day the accident happened wind was estimated to be a 15 KT Xwind from the left.
The Instructor, who is a professional Global Express pilot, ignored that wind and the associated turbulence. He als refused helping securing the damaged plane, because he is not a mechanic.
The pilot flying in the front seat, a military Eurofighter Typhoon pilot, used to mobilize thousands of ponds of thrust when applying power, positioned himself too low. He ignored turbulence as well. The Husky went below the normal glidepath and power was applied, but late . Plane barely made the field and touched down before the runway with a stalled RH wing which went into the high grass.
The Spade cought the grass and the pilots helt the stick,centerew, which torwued the aileron.

here a vid from the webcam attached

and here is the end of the landing roll of these heroes who told me they safed the plane. Well.....

Proteus

It's a shame but it seems to be my experience that commercial airline / bizjet pilots need to be given a healthy degree of caution or wide berth. They often seem to think lots of hours on autopilot at 30k means they're great off field.