Possibly the Best Pic of My Husky

Matheson Fraser

On Ghost Lake, Alberta yesterday evening.

belloypilot

Very cool. How thick was the ice? I’m guessing plenty thick with how cold its been.

A couple years ago I came across of YouTube video of a SuperCub on bushwheels touching down on frozen lake with about 6” of snow, spinning a couple donuts, then launching again without the tailwheel touching. I always thought it would be amusing watching someone try figure out what the hell left those tracks :).

Matheson Fraser

looking down the cracks it looked like 2 feet. I flew over when it was -30 and it was covered in snow and drifts so I didn't even consider it but I figured since it was warmer I'd check it out and sure enough it was pretty bare along the edge. By the end of the week it should be pretty bare all over the lake.

johusky

The Cabin is in Ely, MN and the Dock sits 900' from the BWCA which is prohibited airspace, surface to 4000'. However I sold the cabin last fall, it was accessible by water or by plane only and will be building a new Cabin I can drive or fly to! Last summer was the first year on Floats for the Husky, I purchased the Airplane in November of 2018 in Ogden Utah and on my second flight, Ogden to Rapid City I managed to get this ground speed, sure glad I didn't buy a Super Cub. airspeed.jpg

MTV

I ran into a friend of mine from southeast Idaho at Oshkosh last year. He has a beautiful Piper PA 11 that he restored. I asked him how his flight from Idaho was.......his response was "One day, one fuel stop". At 9500 feet, he was making 146 knots over the ground. I pointed out that he'd pay for that when he headed home.

MTV

johusky

When the Husky is not on Floats it lives in my hanger behind my Bonanza. The neat thing about the hanger is my Dad built the hanger with his brother the year I was born, I will be 57 this year. I guess I know where he was when I was a baby! Oh yea I'm the youngest of 7 kids it really didn't matter by than I guess. Hanger.jpg

Ak Kurt

Nice! Where is the hangar? My grandfather was from Cook, I would love to have a place on Vermilion. Wife and I hope to rent a place for a week on Vermilion in September, we will bring our boat, i love to fish. We will be coming from Kalamazoo, Michigan. About 10-11 hour drive I figure.

Nice looking Bonanza!

Kurt

johusky

Kurt

my hanger is at KMIC crystal airport, I believe there are still two other Husky’s on the field. My new place will be at Giants Ridge about 20 miles south Tower MN. The airport there has a great seaplane base for getting fuel. If you do not have your float rating depending on where you would stay on the lake you should consider it when there. Seaplanes Adventures he spends winters in Florida and summers in Tower