Proper use of the Husky!

tbienz

Congrats!! Nice photos. I’ve seen pictures of the “Fat Tire Cowboys” landing in a similar area. I grew up right across the lake from there (going back home end of this week in fact) but I usually travel with 5 people so usually no Husky on the Tahoe trips. Are you landing in National Forest? I know the edge of Desolation Wilderness is near there but perhaps further south and west. Growing up there, I heard forest rangers in California boast about making the owner of a Robinson helo take it apart and pack it out on mules from Desolation, so be careful on your borders and land types.

Proteus

Congratulations. I guess if she didn't want a long hike out she had little choice in answer :)

Greg

Congrats!! Nice photos. I’ve seen pictures of the “Fat Tire Cowboys” landing in a similar area. I grew up right across the lake from there (going back home end of this week in fact) but I usually travel with 5 people so usually no Husky on the Tahoe trips. Are you landing in National Forest? I know the edge of Desolation Wilderness is near there but perhaps further south and west. Growing up there, I heard forest rangers in California boast about making the owner of a Robinson helo take it apart and pack it out on mules from Desolation, so be careful on your borders and land types.
Its a spot called Marlette, other than that I don't know much about it. 9000 ft need the perfect day.

tbienz

Got it...so that’s near Snow Valley Peak...Toiyabe National Forest. Great area and yes, fantastic use of the Husky.

David

It appears that they landed in the meadow of SNOW VALLEY, to the north of ASH CANYON CREEK. The Sierras are in the back ground of "the proposal" with the typical Calif smog layer being seen. When Megan is showing her beautiful ring, MARLETTE LAKE is directly behind Megan, and what looks like a peninsula, is in fact, the ridge line between MARLETTE LAKE DAM and Lake Tahoe. A perfect place for a COVID free proposal.

What great memories for the both of them. May they have a lifelong and beautiful marriage.
David