Replacing the GoodYear tubeless 26"X10.5 Tire

kiko lobo

Hello.

My current tires are: GOODYEAR SMOOTH TUBELESS TYPE TIRE 26X10.5

They are almost in need of changeand I want to order a new set. However I am having a hard time finding stock. Can anyone recommend a place where they might have stock and/or a suitable replacement for this kind of tires? I am happy with 26" but open to ideas.

Snowbirdxx

If you are looking for a long lasting tore and you do not land in riverbeds, Michelin 850 -6 weights half of the 26" GY. BTW your GYs have a tube that could be used on the Michelins.

kiko lobo

If you are looking for a long lasting tore and you do not land in riverbeds, Michelin 850 -6 weights half of the 26" GY. BTW your GYs have a tube that could be used on the Michelins.
Tom, if I get the Michelin would I need a lower tail wheel or am I ok with the Baby bush ?

TheFlyingMouse

N80HY is currently on 8:50s with a standard tail wheel and standard gear. She doesn’t come anywhere near the stall horn on a 3 point landing if that is important to you. I can’t imagine running 8:50s and a baby bush wheel.
98FF6020-1763-4A42-AAE1-78BBC6C9C244.jpeg

kiko lobo

N80HY is currently on 8:50s with a standard tail wheel and standard gear. She doesn’t come anywhere near the stall horn on a 3 point landing if that is important to you. I can’t imagine running 8:50s and a baby bush wheel.
View attachment 6245

Thank you! No my thing is that I am changing from 26x10.5 and Baby Bush to 850S, and staying with my Baby Bush since I don't want to buy another tailwheel And was wondering if that was Ok.... Not worried about stall mostly about prop strikes.

kiko lobo

You can usr 850 and the big BBW. If you Go to 850 x6 Take the Michelin. IT IS the much better tire.
Ive got the Michelin you recommended since the 26x10.5 are simply out of stock with no due date in horizon.. So I bought: Link

And got the tubes too, since my current tires are tubeless if I read correctly. So I've got: Link

Since the Michelin tube was also not in stock :(

So my worry is more on prop clearance than anything else since I am staying with he BB wheel. I currently have the 11" BABY BUSHWHEEL Link

That should be fine right?

Snowbirdxx

Ive got the Michelin you recommended since the 26x10.5 are simply out of stock with no due date in horizon.. So I bought: Link

And got the tubes too, since my current tires are tubeless if I read correctly. So I've got: Link

Since the Michelin tube was also not in stock :(

So my worry is more on prop clearance than anything else since I am staying with he BB wheel. I currently have the 11" BABY BUSHWHEEL Link

That should be fine right?

More than enough prop Clearance in that Combination

dogday

Thank you! No my thing is that I am changing from 26x10.5 and Baby Bush to 850S, and staying with my Baby Bush since I don't want to buy another tailwheel And was wondering if that was Ok.... Not worried about stall mostly about prop strikes.
For what its worth, on a hard/severe landing, I think that the prop comes closer to the ground using 29s or 31s with real low tire pressure than 850s with enough air to ensure the valve stem is properly protected. As such, I have both 31s and 850s that I have run without incident or concern with a BBW.

For me it is the prop clearance with Landis straight skis that makes me a little uncomfortable.

bumper

@kiko lobo

One of my airport neighbors greatly extended the tread life of his tires by "painting on" truck bedliner - - really! Jacked a wheel up and rotated the tire while rolling the material on. Dry, repeat. It worked and wore quite well.

I'd be very surprised if you don't find that your 26" Goodyears have 8.50 tubes in them already. The 26" GY were developed for a tubeless application - the Goodyear blimps. But your Husky wheel rim is not made for a tubeless tire, thus the need for a tube whether running the 8.50 or 26.

As you'll find in previous posts, if you run the 26's at too low a pressure, they can slip on the rim and tear the tube valve stem - not good. I've heard from a friend of a friends mother-in-law, that adding a knurl on the inside of a rim will eliminate that concern, at least down to 7 or 8 psi.

bumper

Michael5789

I’m with bumper. Your Goodyears likely have an 8.50 tube in them. To be tubeless you would need a wheel that is sealed. I have Goodyears on my citabria and they have a tube. Also like bumper says, fairly easy to rotate the tire if you’re heavy on the brakes, and tear the valve stem.