Root Ranch Husky Fly-In 2024

Paul Collins

The dates are set for next year's Husky Root Ranch Fly-In;
Thursday, June 27 - Fly in and set up camp
Friday, June 28 - Free breakfast at the Root, Fly around, talk and trading stories (some true) that evening
Saturday, June 29 - WHOA interview of Bob Hoff, then fly where you want

ALSO!

Hot Spring enhancement at the Flying B!
We will be cleaning up and improving (in a "natural" way) the hot spring up warm springs creek near the Flying B
Monday, June 24th - Fly into the "B" and set up camp (Cabins will be available if you desire)
Tuesday, June 25 - work/repair/rebuild hot spring
Wednesday, June 26 - Work/rebuild/repair hot spring
Thursday, June 27 - Work/rebuild/repair hot spring and then fly to the Root Ranch to set up there.

Let me know if you can come help. Camping/cabins and meals will be provided at the Flying B

Paul Collins
N337DP

Paul Collins

Due to Bob Hoff's Round Engine Roundup schedule change the dates for the Root Ranch Husky Fly-In have to be moved up one week!!
We are moving the Warm Spring Cleanup and the Husky Fly-In up ONE WEEK!
Here are the new dates.

Thursday, June 20
- Fly in and set up camp
Friday, June 21 - Free breakfast at the Root, Fly around, talk and trading stories (some true) that evening
Saturday, June 22 - WHOA interview of Bob Hoff, then fly where you want

ALSO!

Hot Spring enhancement/cleanup at the Flying B!
We will be cleaning up and improving (in a "natural" way) the hot spring up warm springs creek near the Flying B
Monday, June 17th - Fly into the "B" and set up camp (Cabins will be available if you desire)
Tuesday, June 18 - work/repair/rebuild hot spring
Wednesday, June 19 - Work/rebuild/repair hot spring
Thursday, June 20 - Work/rebuild/repair hot spring and then fly to the Root Ranch to set up there.

Camping/cabins and meals will be provided at the Flying B
As we get closer, please let me know if you will be coming to the "clean-up" and if you need a cabin/bed. Meals included.

Sorry about the change, but Bob Hoff had to schedule the Round Engine Roundup for June 27 though the 30th and he is our speaker. If you can stay, check out the best collection of radial engines anywhere by hanging around Idaho an extra week!
Paul Collins
N337DP

tbienz

Question about the hot springs cleanup:
1) do you need us to bring any specific tools?
2) I always have my Border Collie travel with me (same one that’s been to the Root), would it be OK for him to join us at the work site? He’s well behaved and joins me every day at work (except in surgery)
3) should I plan on tent camping at the B on account of the dog being with me? If so (no dogs in cabins?) then where do we set up a tent for a few days?

Paul Collins

Happy New Year! - Well, almost.
So, you don't need to bring any tools.
It's great to bring the pup and he is welcome to join in the hikes to the hot spring, etc.
As for him staying in the cabin, I am pretty sure it is OK, but I will make sure. There are plenty of pups that hang out there!
I'll be back with the answers next week, or rather, next year.
Thanks,
Paul Collins

Paul Collins

OK Thomas. I got the word from the office - it's fine to bring the pup but he/she has to sleep on the floor.
We can't make all the animals, including the pilots, get along, but we have a big place to run around on.
It will be fun to have
I'd like to bring two Huskies and four people if there is still room?
Plenty of room! We look forward to having you there and we will figure it out.
Paul Collins

Paul Collins

and is 17June to 22 June correct?
The 17th through the 19th we are doing a hot spring clean-up at the Flying B. Then on the 20th we go up to the Root Ranch for the actual "fly-in". The talk by Bob Hoff is Saturday the 22nd is at the Root Ranch and that starts at about 10 am or so.
Paul Collins

tbienz

Thanks Paul.
That should work fine as he’s not allowed on our beds either. He knows to stay off.
thanks for checking with them. I’ve scheduled off for the whole week.

Paul Collins

Great! We/he will have a good time going up and down warm springs creek trail, as well as talking to the rainbows along the middle fork!
Paul Collins

Thomas Goetze

Friday, June 28 - Free breakfast at the Root, Fly around, talk and trading stories (some true) that evening

ALSO!

Monday, June 24th - Fly into the "B" and set up camp (Cabins will be available if you desire)
Thursday, June 27 - Work/rebuild/repair hot spring and then fly to the Root Ranch to set up there.

Let me know if you can come help. Camping/cabins and meals will be provided at the Flying B

Paul Collins
N337DP
Hi Paul, I am willing to help you with the work. Pencil me in, as we discussed previously.
Thomas

Paul Collins

We are melting some snow out by the ranches and getting ready for the coming spring/summer.
Look at the webcams on WWW.Eye-N-Sky.Net

For the Warm Springs Creek "cleanup";
The dates for this cleanup are from Monday June 17th until Thursday June 20th.
The location is the Flying B along the Middle Fork of the Salmon River. You can look at the Flying Resort Ranches website at
FlyingResortRanches.com to get more about this great place.
You need to let me know if you will be coming for this and if you need a cabin to stay in. For this event I will have to personally reserve them. You can camp if you want more privacy. We will have showers for everyone!
I know several of you have sent messages however please do so again and indicate that you will be coming and if you need a cabin to stay in for the cleanup. Again, we have cabins however I will need to reserve them. Some have multiple beds so you might not have a private room - this is Idaho after all.
Best of all, there will be no charge to you for this cleanup effort - three hots and a cot!!

Then, on Thursday June 20th we will leave the Flying B and head to the Root Ranch for the Root Ranch Husky Fly-In.

Thursday, June 20 - Fly in and set up camp
Friday, June 21 - Free breakfast at the Root, Fly around, talk and trading stories (some true) that evening
Saturday, June 22 - WHOA interview of Bob Hoff, then fly where you want

Again, if you want to stay in a cabin, please call the Flying Resort Ranches at 208-756-6295.
There will be a charge for rooms and meals for this event, except for breakfast on Friday, June 21st which I will cover. We will have a talk by Sparky about the RAF!
Saturday morning on the 22nd we will have an interview of Bob Hoff from Idaho Falls about his experience of promoting the Husky, growing up in Idaho Falls, flying the Idaho back-country, and about his book - Beneath the Rainbow. He might bring some with him!

So, if you are coming to the "Hot spring clean up"at the Flying B from Monday June 17th to Thursday June 20th, please let me know and state if you want a cabin or to camp and how many will be with you. If you are camping you can make your mind up at the last minute, but if you want a cabin you have to let me know.

Hope to see lots of you for both events!
Paul Collins
208-861-8257

Thomas Goetze

ALSO!

Paul Collins
N337DP
Hi Paul, I had replied earlier that I can make it, but I'll say it again: Count me in! I will bring my tent, so no cabin needed. Probably arrive on the 18th. OK if I bring my pup?

Paul Collins

It will be great to have you AND your pup. Stay in your tent and I will get the meals.
It will be great to see you - both.
Paul Collins

BlackWater

Paul, I'll be there for the clean-up and the Root.
Just me, no passenger.
Tent camping.
Looking forward to it!
Thanks, Douglas

Awellslo

Paul: I'm interested in the clean-up and the Root. But can I just show up? Or do you need more commitment than that?