Seeking a clean NDH 2005 or later A1B or maybe 2008/9 A1C in the lower 48.

VTCD

If you are thinking of selling your clean 2005 or later A1B or possibly a 2008,9 A1C and you are in the lower 48, please consider contacting me.

I am finding classified sites with mostly stale ads/planes on deposit etc. I am not a broker, dealer, reseller - am located N.E. US.

VTCD

If you are thinking of selling your clean 2005 or later A1B or possibly a 2008,9 A1C and you are in the lower 48, please consider contacting me.

I am finding classified sites with mostly stale ads/planes on deposit etc. I am not a broker, dealer, reseller - am located N.E. US.
This is an amazing network. I have a deal in principle now and am working out the details on an A1C. Thank you all who reached out.

VTCD

Caveat emptor in response to some messages received, I will, despite an earlier decision not to, post here that after placing a deposit on N242WY and with an agreement to pay full asking price for the a/c, I subsequently terminated the deal due to a vast amount of damage history not disclosed by the seller, and the fact that Aviat had incomplete repair records for the plane, which resulted in the FAA not having all the 337s either. Having been told there was “only some minor wingtip damage”, I launched into this deal. Then a forum member kindly sent me pictures of this a/c heavily damaged, and tossed up against a building at EAA Air Venture. Having acquired this visual information, I continued my research and found the retired A&P in Idaho Falls that had signed off some of the existing 337 paperwork, and learned that the plane had been tricked back to the factory and had multiple wing ribs replaced, together with BOTH wing leading edges, at least one wing strut, and more. After that I contacted Aviat’s Steve Anderson and after a thorough search he wrote to me “I have located the folder in factory service but it looks like it is missing some information.” No further information was provided after that. Anyway- I see the same a/c is STILL for sale, and still registered to the same person who told me there had been only minor wingtip damage to the plane- and that the asking price has gone up from 199k to $270k, and that there have been approximately 35 tach hours added in the last 2.5+ years. Possibly the word is out on this one, but buyer beware. The actual damage history was not completely documented. I realize some will say: no big deal- they all have some damage or - don’t ding the manufacturer, they are amazing people. My point in posting this here is simply to save someone the time and money I wasted determining that the story I was told was false. My time is valuable and I will assume your time is valuable. If you want a heavily repaired Husky- it’s still available, and maybe it’s fine, and maybe it’s not. Caveat emptor is the lesson. The plane is now advertised as “no prop strike history”- at least not while the engine was running. For a picture See https://www.aopa.org/news-and-media...l-storm-hits-oshkosh-in-advance-of-airventure

Utah-Jay

I know there is a SUPER clean A1-C here at KHCR, and yes it has been hangered in nice heated hanger. I was just listed on Controller in the past two days I believe