Ski Flying

Glider

Nice to be on the skis again. Just a few inches of powder.

Attachments

• _DSC4723.jpg
    _DSC4723.jpg
    867.8 KB · Views: 81
  • _DSC4701.jpg
    _DSC4701.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 65

joemcd

Nice photos and it looks fun. Ski season came and went here in about 5 days. We will see if it comes back.

Have fun,
Joe

Paul Collins

Indeed, very nice! The "Baby" looks happy on the snow.
So, I hope for more pictures. Out here in Boise, we are looking at record snows and more to come - but I don't have skis!? This is a once-in-a-lifetime event here in Idaho at the lower levels anyway. If Global Warming has been fixed (as per the politicos), maybe I should get some skis.
More pictures please and if not, I will send pictures of my hangar with the 6' snow piles!!
Paul Collins
N337DP

Glider

Indeed, very nice! The "Baby" looks happy on the snow.
So, I hope for more pictures. Out here in Boise, we are looking at record snows and more to come - but I don't have skis!? This is a once-in-a-lifetime event here in Idaho at the lower levels anyway. If Global Warming has been fixed (as per the politicos), maybe I should get some skis.
More pictures please and if not, I will send pictures of my hangar with the 6' snow piles!!
Paul Collins
N337DP

Paul your old plane loves to ski.

Heavy snow today. A foot or more in the forecast. Some say 2 feet or more when the storm wraps up tonight...

The beach sand locally is very soft. Air down to 12 PSI in a truck or 6 PSI in the plane. Running a truck on the beach in 6" of drifting snow is a challenge. Lots of digging. Once a path is cut in the sand/snow driving at 15 to 20 MPH is about as fast as you can go; limiting factor is bottoming out the shock stops/ undercarriage on the sand. The two pictured below did a lot of work to be able to skijore behind a truck on the beach yesterday. Beat the piss out of the truck and the snowboard. Looked like fun from the air.

Attachments

• _DSC4706.jpg
    _DSC4706.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 35
  • _DSC4711.jpg
    _DSC4711.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 32