Straight or Bent STEM for 8.50-6 tubes for 26” Goodyear Tires

jimhusky

I just bought new 26“ GoodYear tires to replace the prior set on my A-1C. I also want to replace my old tubes, but don’t know if I need Straight or Bent stems on the new tubes. I assume the answer is obvious, but don’t have a clue.

Jim Jordan
N73GT

I am wondering the same thing, for the same reason. I am thinking about switching to ABW tires with the built-in tube, but it is hard to beat the GY tires for endurance. I think the ABW tires can be ordered with tougher rubber - any comments?

Brad20j

My 29” ABWs added lots of fun over the Goodyear 26s. And some gentle shock absorption on rough ground for my shockless-dog.

bumper

Speaking of extra tread, a hangar neighbor had his Carbon Cub wheel jacked up and was applying truck bed liner to his ABW with a paint roller (we both have about 1/2 mile taxi to get to the runway intersection - closest take off point). I had some concern about the liner coming off in chunks with potential for damage. That never happened and he got excellent pavement wear.

Arde

I just bought new 26“ GoodYear tires to replace the prior set on my A-1C. I also want to replace my old tubes, but don’t know if I need Straight or Bent stems on the new tubes. I assume the answer is obvious, but don’t have a clue.

Jim Jordan
N73GT