WA to Alaska trip planning

Clifford

It's on our Bucket List and we decided to go sooner rather than later so ........ we're planning to fly our Husky to Alaska from our base in Everett (Seattle) WA this coming late June / early July. I've started research and found an article in Backcountry Pilot that is very helpful and this is the time window most likely to succeed according to these folks. Our plan is to go up and back; spending just a day or two in maybe Fairbanks; this being more of a shakedown trip rather than a full-blown vacation.

Any advice from you experienced folks is greatly appreciated !!!!

johnaz

It's on our Bucket List and we decided to go sooner rather than later so ........ we're planning to fly our Husky to Alaska from our base in Everett (Seattle) WA this coming late June / early July. I've started research and found an article in Backcountry Pilot that is very helpful and this is the time window most likely to succeed according to these folks. Our plan is to go up and back; spending just a day or two in maybe Fairbanks; this being more of a shakedown trip rather than a full-blown vacation.

Long trip for a couple days. Going the hiway route?

JACK

A site with a lot of info on flying to AK:

Mbbaumer

Hi Clifford, If you end up coming to Alaska and pass through Wasilla, we have covered parking for your dog to take a nap. I hope you are able to make the trip!

belloypilot

Anybody know the current regulations to get through Canada?
If your question is mostly about COVID related restrictions, this web site helps: https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/t...fzPMHsw6iDifJ2EOCi9u3jMRBx6zuPQweTk-kEv9XStc9

Long story short, for something like GA tourism, you need to be double vaccinated and have a negative antigen test within the previous 24 hours prior to entry, or a PCR test 72 hours prior. Pretty much the same rules as for entering the US.

As for travel within Canada, vaccination and masking requirements are being eliminated but timing is a bit inconsistent depending on the province/territory. Looks those types of requirements / restrictions will be gone by April 1.

As for customs clearance, I haven’t made a border crossing in a private aircraft in about 3 years but I think it still the same - use the EAPIS system.

Coming by for coffee? :)

MIke

K Borror

Thanks Mike for the update, I didn’t get the jab and don’t want to but would like to go north this summer, I will just wait and see what the powers that be have to say.