Yeager passing

trapper

Looks like they are going to do a celebration for General Yeager at our local airport tomorrow by the F104 that was placed in his honor years ago. Looking back I was fortunate to have flown with him when I was a student pilot. I remember laughing with him my first flight and him telling me not to kill him !! Ended up buying 50% of N4QR which is the plane you see several photos of him in. Good memories and I will find some photos and post them soon. What a life he had and how lucky my friend Bart Riebe set it up.

trapper

He flew 31HY twice years ago but he had lots of time in N4QR. I remember Bart landing it with him at Beale AFB years ago. Don't see too many Huskies on the flight line. I also remember he was the first passenger I ever flew with other than my instructor and Bart. I was taxying to the runway and I noticed all the guys at the FBO pointing at us and I asked Yeager what they were pointing at and he said they were probably wondering if I would crash. He had a great sense of humor. I guess I should have been nervous but was too young to be. Looking at the few signed pictures in my office have more meaning now that he has passed as do the log book entries.

HuskyN3QR

Looks like they are going to do a celebration for General Yeager at our local airport tomorrow by the F104 that was placed in his honor years ago. Looking back I was fortunate to have flown with him when I was a student pilot. I remember laughing with him my first flight and him telling me not to kill him !! Ended up buying 50% of N4QR which is the plane you see several photos of him in. Good memories and I will find some photos and post them soon. What a life he had and how lucky my friend Bart Riebe set it up.
Funny I ownHUSKY N3QR and live about 30 miles where Yeager grew Up in WEST BY GOD VIRGINIA. SMALL WORLD.

Greg

A friend of mine asked me to fly him to Rosamond L00, he was meeting a few friends for dinner. I said sure lets go. Ended up having dinner with Chuck Yeager, Joe Engel, and General Pearson. The stories started flowing, a night I will never forget. For years after that when ever Chuck came to town to visit my friend he would stop in and we sit and talk in my office. One time another pilot friend walked in staring at Chuck through the window. When he walked in Chuck said "Yea I'm real". I almost feel out of my chair laughing. He was forever bold! I too will miss him, and feel honored to have spent time with him. Read his autobiography if you haven't already it captures the true Chuck Yeager.

I asked him what was his favorite airplane for fun flying, he responded the Husky!