2021 Mid Atlantic Husky gathering

Flying Dave

I tried to bump the 2020 thread in March with no response. Let’s try again. There seemed to be some interest in that thread but it just never came together. I’d love to get together sometime this year if anyone is interested.

Soooooo.....
Any interest this year in trying to get a group together in this region of the country? Maybe a list of where Husky’s in this area are based would help to find a central location? Dunno...

groshel

Time is about right..... I’ll look at some options for the summer in our region and get back..chime in if you see something that’d interest the group.

In Pa there aren’t a lot of Huskys.. some posters nearby....one in Hagerstown Md, and another out on the Pa/Ohio border. Looks like more outside of NYC / NJ.

Chris

groshel

Bryan....I know you’re aching for an event somewhere....It’s been a bit boring around here.

Got a glider contest next week at RVL

Chris

AGLyme

I’m in CT... a couple weeks away from solo, WX dependent. I hope I can fly it well/safely enough to go. What a great plane !!

Flying Dave

4WV4 that Brent mentioned last year might be an interesting destination for a weekend. I have not been there but I found this website. Multiple cabins available (seems most have 2 night min) or tent camping. Shower house mentioned which is nice. Have to pack in your own food most likely but that’s easy to overcome. It rains a lot it seems in that area but that’s true in a lot of places.

groshel

Wife and I have talked about taking our teardrop camper down to 4WV4 for a couple of days....not too far from where we are.

If we don’t I’ll still run down and scout it out and report back.

C

stevemark

I tried to bump the 2020 thread in March with no response. Let’s try again. There seemed to be some interest in that thread but it just never came together. I’d love to get together sometime this year if anyone is interested.

Soooooo.....
Any interest this year in trying to get a group together in this region of the country? Maybe a list of where Husky’s in this area are based would help to find a central location? Dunno...
i will come from KFOK

groshel

Greater Breezewood P17 is planning a Fall Fly-in / Pumpkin Drop on October 30

Last year’s turnout was fantastic ..170s, Champs, RVs, Stearmans T-6 and at least one lone Husky. Let’s get a couple more this year

P17 is midway between Harrisburg and Pittsburgh, Pa. south of the Pa. Turnpike.

3100 ft of nice grass and fly your pattern between the runway and the ridge to the east.

Facebook link below...

I’ll try to let you know if there any changes...

groshel

Just a reminder of that P17 fly-in / pumpkin drop on Oct 30th.

If you’re coming down from northern Jersey / NY come down the valley past Allentown and Harrisburg and turn right at Hagerstown..you’ll cross the least amount of “terrain”.

Starts around 11 AM. Food available.