Cedar Mills/Texas Husky Fly In Scheduled for Oct '23

SAVE THE DATE

WHAT: Texas Husky Fly-In

WHEN: October 6-8, 2023

WHO: Owners, pilots and anyone interested in the Aviat Husky is invited!

WHERE: Cedar Mills Marina & Resort on Lake Texoma- 3T0 (Three Tango Zero)

WHEN: October 6-8, 2023

WHY: We haven’t had a Texas Husky Fly-In for a bunch of years, so I'm really looking forward to getting together with all of you- whether you got your Husky from me, somebody else (!), or don't own one yet and want to find out more about The Dawg- we welcome all. Make some new flying buddies, learn some stuff.

HOW TO GET THERE:

Fly-in
– 3T0 offers a well-maintained 3000’ x 80’ grass runway with clear approaches next to the Runway Side cabins with adjacent tiedowns. Or if you need an instrument approach or hard surface for landing your go-fast airplane, KGYI- North Texas Regional in Sherman/Denison is closest. Pre-arrange with them for rental cars. Lots of hangar space available.

Drive In- About 1+30 north of the DFW metroplex. Easy access from DAL or DFW.

Cedar Mills has a great restaurant/meeting place for breakfast & dinner, tiedowns, runway side and marina area housing in cottages and cabins, and some fun places to go on Saturday. Cedar Mills is about 30 minutes north of the DFW Metroplex by Husky or 1+30 by car from either DAL or DFW located on the southwestern edge of Lake Texoma that spans the Texas and Oklahoma.

CM Reservations has set aside some cottages and cabins- runway-adjacent cabins and some cottages in the marina ready for you to reserve under your own name. Bring the family- there are accommodations with more bedrooms as well. Contact them at 903-523-4222

Plans for Friday night are for dinner and hosting in Pelican’s Landing private with myself and Chris Munoz- McCreery’s head Husky Veterinarian of 20+ years- discussing Husky maintenance, hints, and thoughts. By the time we’re done you’ll know common issues we’ve seen through the years and what to do about them. Many of our discussions will be around things that need to be addressed while small problems before they become bigger, more expensive issues.

Our guest speaker for Saturday night will be Steve Anderson, current President of Aviat Aircraft. Steve was Test Pilot for the Husky and Pitts for 12 years and has been President since 2019. We are grateful for his attendance and look forward to hearing about product improvements, production, forthcoming STC’s and prognostications.

I expect to have a new or very late model production Husky to show!

Updates will be posted on our website- www.mccreeryaviation.com under Husky Fly-In under the AIRCRAFT SALES header and I will update the forum as we get closer.

Let me know you’re planning to come!

Jim Taylor- Aircraft Sales Manager
McCreery Aviation
McAllen TX KMFE
956-686-1774
JimTaylor@McCreeryAviation.com
McCreery Aviation- Selling the world’s finest certified STOL tailwheel airplane since 2002

Ak Kurt

Darn, I wont be able to make it, will be in northern Minnesota fishing.:(

Everyone have fun!

Kurt

flyingjack

Jim, planning to reserve RV space for a week at Hidden Creeks RV Park 10 minutes by ebike SW unless you have a better location/idea. I assume no issues with tying down Husky for at least a week or so at 3T0.
Jack Horn
Erie, CO

Jim, I'm interested in going. But you chose the weekend that Ranger has their fly-in. I'm committed to that every year. Slip a week?

flyingjack

We're here now; currently raining and forecasted to stop in AM and be great WX for rest of the week. Grass RW is pretty smooth and should be in great shape after the rain.

jliltd

I will be overflying from SW to NE Friday en route to Petit Jean State Park in AR for the RV gathering on the mountain. In my RV-8. Have had reservations there every year at the Rockefeller Conference Center. October is a busy fly-in event time. Would like to hit a Husky gathering eventually.