New dawg in town

keikflyer

teton1.jpg

Good morning from Afton! It took a little wrangling of schedules and dealing with some uncooperative Wx but there's a new Husky coming to KEIK. Meet our new A-1-C 180, Nikita!

nikita1.jpg

nikita2.jpg

nikita3.jpg

We did the acceptance flight yesterday and she flies wonderfully! Once the fog burns off today, it'll be back into transition training to keep the insurance company (and my wife) happy before bringing her home!

She's sitting on 29" ABWs and is IFR ready with a G500 Txi, GTN-750 and G5.

Mbbaumer

Congratulations!!! I’m down in La Junta KLHX. Probably moving aircraft to Alaska sometime this summer but let me know if your down this way.

keikflyer

Man that’s great, thanks! They’ve been sending updates with pics every Friday though too.
She is coming along nicely!

Here you go! The most interesting part while I was standing there is the rack with the yellow bins in the background. They have a kaizen type system for organizing all of the parts that will be going in during the next steps. These puppies are definitely handcrafted but they're using every lean management trick they can to keep our prices in line..

3392_1.jpg

3392_0.jpg

nightflyer

Thank you very much! That made my day! I’m looking forward to touring the factory and see how they do things.

Last edited:

DavePA11

Nice Keikflyer! I'm in Colorado too. Let me know if you find any leads at Boulder! Been on a waiting list for years on the county hangers. I'm at Platte Valley now, but its a long drive. There are a bunch of new hangers at Rocky Mountain, but very expensive monthly rent. I'm on the waiting list there too.

Here is my red/white Husky behind your beautiful new Husky? :)

I would recommend a lot of transition training especially on paved runways here in CO given how many loop repairs I have seen come into Afton while they are working on mine!

They are just finishing up getting the ole vacuum system working after annual replacing an attitude indicator. Not sure what is wrong with it, but believe the new ones are priority to work on. - Dave

2022-01-28_8-54-40.jpg

2022-01-28_9-02-13.jpg

Last edited: