New & Old Husky Owner

ChipBeck

Gentlemen,

Last week I purchased a beautiful 700 hour Husky A1-B. This is my 2nd Husky. I had a new A-1 built in 1992 and flew it on the cover of Private Pilot Magazine (June 1993). Back then my brand new Husky cost me $69,900! I paid a lot more than that for this used one. In 1985 Aviat built me a brand new Pitts Special S1-T for $57,000. Times have changed. I was really looking forward to flying the Husky I just bought last weekend and I got Covid so I need to get over that first. My name is Chip Beck, I live in Scottsdale, AZ, and I look forward to interacting with other owners here. All the best.

Chip

Husky 11rs.jpg Husky 11ars.jpg
Pitts 11rs.jpg

Ak Kurt

Welcome Chip! I am a repeat Husky offender myself, I had a 2004 and now a 2012. I love my Husky’s! Hope you get over covid soon and get to flying. Really nice looking airplane!

Where are you located?

Kurt

ChipBeck

Welcome Chip! I am a repeat Husky offender myself, I had a 2004 and now a 2012. I love my Husky’s! Hope you get over covid soon and get to flying. Really nice looking airplane!

Where are you located?

Kurt

I live in Scottsdale, AZ Kurt but both of my planes (I have a Glasair III as well) are based at Falcon Field in Mesa AZ.

Chip

Jeb

Congrats! Hope your covid is as misery free as mine was. Hope to meet you one day. We might be down your way next May.

ChipBeck

Congrats! Hope your covid is as misery free as mine was. Hope to meet you one day. We might be down your way next May.

Yeah Jeb, it really hasn't been that bad. I can't smell anything though and I have no sense of taste either. That's weird.

Chip

GreggMotonaga

Chip Beck. For some reason, I think I know you. Did you have a flight school where you taught people how to fly the husky?

Proteus

Congratulations on coming back into the fold,

Also great to see a pitts. I'm getting sorely tempted to purchase an s1-t or s1-s at some point in the future.

Meadowlark

Hello Chip... I'm leaving Montana today for Carefree, AZ. I also have had two Huskys and some other aircraft. Currently I have a hangar and an aircraft on SkyRanch at Carefree. We will have to get together sometime! 406-788-0483

J/C. GTF & 18AZ

ChipBeck

Chip Beck. For some reason, I think I know you. Did you have a flight school where you taught people how to fly the husky?

Gregg,

No I’ve never been a CFI or had a flight school. For 20 years I was an auto dealer (Pontiac, GMC, & KIA) here in Scottsdale, then 25 years as a Chevron Dealer. My only professional flying was flying as the airshow demonstration pilot for Stoddard-Hamilton in the Glasair III which I did for 4 years (1996-1999). I flew on the Firebirds Aerobatic Team as well.

Chip

64236415-AF50-4922-9080-73C7722920CC.jpeg

ChipBeck

Nice photo. Bet that took some planning.

Dave,

Yes it did. An EAA photographer took that before the Sun & Fun Air Show in Lakeland Florida shooting out on the open cargo door of a turbo 210. The Cessna pilot actually went vertical with me but could only hold it for a second so we did it 4 times to get a decent shot.

Chip