Posting photos and videos on FlyHusky

tbienz

It seems there is a recurring theme for the users of this forum: it’s hard to post photos to it.
I completely agree. Other sites I use automatically change photo resolution to insert photos. Not so here.
Obviously (based on the numbers of photos posted) many have figured it out.
I tend to do best with a “checklist” type of approach that I know works every time.
I have most of my aviation photos on my iPhone. If someone understands this well and had figured out a simple approach, please post a step by step process that allows a user to “shrink” a photo for posting here while not compromising the original photo quality on your device. Please don’t assume I have even the most basic photo/video management skills because I don’t.
If it works well, perhaps this thread will serve as a resource for future users.
Thanks.

Proteus

I agree with you on this. On the occasion I've had to put up photos, I have to transfer them to my computer, resize, then upload. It's a bit of hassle, and I understand it's easy to implement automatic resizing, could be a great addition

Kent Wien

I’ve been using an iPhone and emailing the pics to myself. When it asks for size before sending, I select Medium. Then I save them back to my Photos library.

Back on FlyHusky, I make a post and select “attach files” and upload the pic there. Here’s an example of Medium.

Flying along with my friend Brad into our favorite backcountry spot called “Central Park.”

4E625EB6-01FF-443D-9855-0AB02B6D348C.jpeg

After you attach the files, click on the upper left of the photo you are inserting and select
“Insert—>Full Image.”

Last edited:

Pudz

Thanks for the advice on how to upload photos. I was asked about how I got on importing N141BJ to Australia. It is now VH-IBJ and this was a morning trip to work. 2 hours drive - 30 minutes flight....allthough I spend a lot of time Husky grooming so not sure whether I am actually saving any time but probably happier...

Attachments

• image_2.jpg
    image_2.jpg
    458.7 KB · Views: 25

Clifford

IMG_7615.JPG
Thought I'd join the fun. Sitting here feeling naked without our airplane; it's at Aviat getting a new G3X panel :) . Can't wait !!!!