Paul Collins

Put this on your calendar!
Root Ranch Husky Fly-In
2022!
Thursday, June 9th
Friday, June 10th
Saturday, June 11th

Hope to see you there.
First, enjoy Oshkosh and bring back stories - some true!
Paul Collins
N337DP

Paul Collins

Great! As it now stands, the Root Ranch is closed to staff and firefighters only due to a very close fire out to the west. You can't see it from the cabins/lodges - yet!
Fingers crossed.
That's why we scheduled next year's fly in in June, and earlier June (Starting June 9th, 2022)!
Paul Collins
N337DP

I live 150 Miles east of Root Ranch in South West Montana. We have fires south, north and west of us. I stay close to runway and do 3 or 4 landings and put the Husky back in the hangar all you can see is straight down. We have Helicopter crews on the field fighting the Goose fire. I am staying out of their way and let them do their job.
VLB

Paul Collins

Put this on your calendar!
Root Ranch Husky Fly-In
2022!
Thursday, June 9th
Friday, June 10th
Saturday, June 11th

Again, put this on your calendar!
We are going to have Bob Hoff talk about using a checklist. How to create one, why to use it, and how to apply it.
Also, we will have Steve Anderson of Aviat talk about the latest in the Husky world and development.
These talks will be on Friday night, June 10th.
If you need a cabin bed to stay in, call the Root Ranch office at 208-756-6295 and look at the website;
FlyingResortRanches.Com

Hope to see you all there!
Paul Collins
N337DP

Paul Collins

Great fellow indeed! He went through absolute hell with the Friendly Aviation Association - he can tell you all about it if you have a few days.
Hope to see you at the Root!
Paul Collins

David

Actually had him and his wife over for dinner. WHAT A STORY!!! He has an A model AG CAT that he converted from a cropduster to an experimental biplane. He put a cockpit up front with a seat and belts for two. Nice R985 radial up front. He flew it on floats and wheels. In his hanger at Weiser. You would look good in that plane Paul. I am really going to try and make it this year. Since I moved to Idaho a few months ago, I really have no excuse not to.
David

Last edited:

JPB

Hello Paul,
I’ll be bringing a total of 3 Huskies to your Root Ranch get together. There are two of us from the Sandpoint area and one that will come up from Southern California. We stopped in last year in September and got a tour from the young man that cooks and seems to do a bit of everything else. Nice setup for sure. We also landed at the Flying B but no one was around. Anyhow we are all looking forward to the trip, and thanks for sharing such a wonderful place with all who fly in.
Jon