Root Ranch Fly In 2023 - June 22, 23 and 24!

Paul Collins

We did! Friday was a bit sketchy but everyone did well. Friday dinner was great.
The presentation from Amy Hoover and Dick Williams was really good on Saturday morning, and then we headed for the McCall Aviation Day at KMYL. Lots to do and see!

Good news! We did reserve the dates for next year at the Root Ranch for the 2023 Husky Fly In! They are;
Fly in on Thursday, June 27th 2024.
Fly around Friday, June 28th 2024 with a FREE BREAKFAST that morning (you do have to listen to various groups asking for support - like the Idaho Aviation Association and the Recreational Aviation Foundation, etc.).
Saturday June 29th 2024, we will have an interview by the WHOA organization of Bob Hoff of Idaho Falls! He is the owner/originator of Aeromark at the Idaho Falls Airport. He has a LOT of stories.

In addition to that, we will be trying to get a few folks come to the Flying B on the Middle Fork of the Salmon on Tuesday the 25th and Wednesday the 26th to go up Warm Springs Creek (by the Mormon Ranch ) and "naturally" improve the hot pool there. As time goes on we will see about camping or cabins for that.

So, it is looking like a lot to look forward to for next year. This year turned out great, and keep up the great work!!

Paul Collins
N337DP

Clifford

Paul, thanks a ton for putting this together!! Robin and I had a blast. Great to see and meet Husky drivers and explore the Frank Church. Your hospitality is awesome. Thanks!!
Larry and Robin (aka Clifford)
and just to set the record straight: Robin likes to name just about everything in our lives (she will even name a pancake before she eats it) and after purchasing our Husky with a red nose but before we picked it up at the factory she had named the airplane "Clifford" after the big red dog in children's books. But after we got the Husky and flew it for a week or two that name just didn't seem right so we named it "Rudy". So the straight record is Larry and Robin flying Rudy.

Thomas Goetze

We did! Friday was a bit sketchy but everyone did well. Friday dinner was great.
The presentation from Amy Hoover and Dick Williams was really good on Saturday morning, and then we headed for the McCall Aviation Day at KMYL. Lots to do and see!

Good news! We did reserve the dates for next year at the Root Ranch for the 2023 Husky Fly In! They are;
Fly in on Thursday, June 27th 2024.
Fly around Friday, June 28th 2024 with a FREE BREAKFAST that morning (you do have to listen to various groups asking for support - like the Idaho Aviation Association and the Recreational Aviation Foundation, etc.).
Saturday June 29th 2024, we will have an interview by the WHOA organization of Bob Hoff of Idaho Falls! He is the owner/originator of Aeromark at the Idaho Falls Airport. He has a LOT of stories.

In addition to that, we will be trying to get a few folks come to the Flying B on the Middle Fork of the Salmon on Tuesday the 25th and Wednesday the 26th to go up Warm Springs Creek (by the Mormon Ranch ) and "naturally" improve the hot pool there. As time goes on we will see about camping or cabins for that.

So, it is looking like a lot to look forward to for next year. This year turned out great, and keep up the great work!!

Paul Collins
N337DP
Thank you, Paul, for putting on this epic event, it was my first, but certainly not my last time coming up there!

Thomas Goetze

Here are some p View attachment 6578 View attachment 6579 ictures.
The Fly In went great! Friday weather was a bit sketchy, but it didn't stop the Huskies from flying. We made it down to the "B" for a tour.
Right now I am planning for next year's Root Ranch Husky Fly-In for June 27th, 28th and 29th 2024- Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
Also, I am looking at scheduling a "repair" of the hot spring a few miles up warm springs creek from the Flying B for June 25th, 26th and leaving for the Root on the 27th - Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. More on this later.
Thanks for making this another great event!
Paul Collins
N337DP
Hi Paul, regarding the work on the hot spring, here is my email: tngbuild@sonic.net. Let me know when and where. Thomas N5QT